Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geniepr said:
Hi, I have no idea where to start but I was planning to join www.pocketdownloadcenter.com to get games for my 8 and 2 yr kids. (we buy games for most our systems weekly so getting the ds ones downloaded will relieve my pocket somehow) I have no idea how it works or what card I can use for them. I tried reading some pages but it is all too complicated. I was thinking about the AcerKard, dstt, a R4 clone or anything good and cheap that will work with the site (or any other site I can download games) Also what's wondering where to buy it thst I will recieve within a week or so.
unsure.gif

wacko.gif
Thanks
AceKard 2.1 FTW~! But if you are just going to play roms and games, then just go with the DSTT. Afterwards, use YSMenu firmware on it to make it seem like the R4DS GUI. And remove the rom link off of your post. Against the rules...

Depends on what you are wanting too. Just want simplicity? Then go for DSTT, but if you want a nicer GUI, then go for the AceKard 2.1. Only thing good about the AceKard is that it has a better GUI, and it loads games faster. Just more expensive. But if you want to save as much money possible, then you might as well stick with a DSTT with YSMenu firmware.

Veristical Blaze said:
ithin kan R4 is still really good cause of Yasu's firm its ok and its a cheap mostly working flash to bad there are so many fakes of it on the markets
R4DS? Not worth it... Wouldn't want to risk getting your DS bricked and the DSTT is cheaper on so many levels
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Keeley @ Feb 26 2009, 04:56 PM)
I was gonna make a new topic but i guess i should use this one lol

Use? SvSIP
Price Range? Something cheap but that works okay xD
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? A normal SD card whould be nice, if thats possible...
GBA compatibility? Don't care
Special features? nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Anyone will do thats cheap and works well with SvSID xD

EDIT: Dunno it this matters but i have a DS Phat
Answer later when back...

Geniepr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
AceKard 2.1 FTW~! But if you are just going to play roms and games, then just go with the DSTT. Afterwards, use YSMenu firmware on it to make it seem like the R4DS GUI. And remove the rom link off of your post. Against the rules...

Depends on what you are wanting too. Just want simplicity? Then go for DSTT, but if you want a nicer GUI, then go for the AceKard 2.1. Only thing good about the AceKard is that it has a better GUI, and it loads games faster. Just more expensive. But if you want to save as much money possible, then you might as well stick with a DSTT with YSMenu firmware.

Thanks, I bought the AceKArd 2.1 and hopefully I can manage to put the right firmware, I have no clue but I will search to as soon as I get it.
yaynds.gif

omgged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halp
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video/ NDS ROMS + GBA ROMS must!
Price Range? 60 USD-ish ( inc memory)
Slot 1/2? Either,
Built in or expandable memory? Either
GBA compatibility? OH hell yes!
Special features? I dont know what i need
smile.gif

Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard2 + EZ flash 3 in 1.

I would appreciate if some one could list 3-4 seamless combinations.... i am going shopping tommorrow
biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Keeley said:
I was gonna make a new topic but i guess i should use this one lol

Use? SvSIP
Price Range? Something cheap but that works okay xD
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? A normal SD card whould be nice, if thats possible...
GBA compatibility? Don't care
Special features? nope
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Anyone will do thats cheap and works well with SvSID xD

EDIT: Dunno it this matters but i have a DS Phat
Answer later when back...
kk Back~! Got no experience with SvSIP. Just get a AceKard 2.1. I have no experience with SvSIP, but there are homebrews out there that will allow you to use your DS like a phone. Ask someone else for more info.

Geniepr said:
Splych said:

Thanks, I bought the AceKArd 2.1 and hopefully I can manage to put the right firmware, I have no clue but I will search to as soon as I get it.
yaynds.gif
I can help you out with that. I own a AceKard 2.1. Use the AKAIO firmware which can be found in this thread:
AKAIO 1.14 Latest Firmware Release
AKAIO Wiki

AKAIO is just an alternative firmware that is much better than the AceKard's original firmware. It has better compatibility and most bugs of the original AceKard firmware isn't here with AKAIO. Just use it ASAP so you get used to it before the AceKard's firmware
tongue.gif

QUOTE(omgged @ Feb 27 2009, 06:13 AM)
Halp
Use? Games/Homebrew/Music/Video/ NDS ROMS + GBA ROMS must!
Price Range? 60 USD-ish ( inc memory)
Slot 1/2? Either,
Built in or expandable memory? Either
GBA compatibility? OH hell yes!
Special features? I dont know what i need
smile.gif

Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard2 + EZ flash 3 in 1.

I would appreciate if some one could list 3-4 seamless combinations.... i am going shopping tommorrow
biggrin.gif

Cheers!
Okay... Lets see now. So far, I think these are the most common combinations:
- AceKard 2.1 + EZ-Flash V Expansion
- M3Real + Expansions (Come in a bundle)
- CycloDS Evolution + EZ-Flash V Expansion

Cheapest is the AceKard 2.1 and EZ-Flash. Cheapest combination and does the basic features such as loading roms and homebrew. Just so you know, pretty much all flashcarts use MoonShell as their music players and it plays videos in .dpg format.

M3Real is in mid-range. It has RealTimeSave I think, but still new since it just got released recently. The expansions come in a bundle, so you can play GBA Roms, and the other can be used as a rumble pack and expansion for the NDS Browser.

CycloDS is over... $60~! With the expansion but without a SD Card... It has all these extra features like RealTimeSave, and RealTimeGuide. Most expensive, but most popular among people.

What kind of SD Card do you want? SDHC or just SD? Best place to buy it is at NewEgg if you are from America.

Where to buy:
DealWoot (For CycloDS Evolution)
RealHotStuff (For CycloDS Evolution)
DealExtreme (For AceKard 2.1, EZ-Flash Expansions and M3 Real)
NewEgg (For SDCards, and SDHC Cards)

Direct Links:
AceKard 2.1 for $11.22
EZ-Flash Expansion for $18.45 (White)
EZ-Flash Expansion for $18.45 (Black)
M3 Real + Expansions for $ 42.85
CycloDS Evolution for $46.99 (At DealWoot)
CycloDS Evolution for $46.00 (At RealHotStuff)

Anymore questions, just as me...

*Note, everything I posted all has free shipping. And they are all in USD Currency aka United States Dollar

omgged

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a bundle splych

Is EZ-Flash V same as EZ Flash 3 in 1 ? Is it compatible with the DSi as well ? I might just pick up a Dsi + Ak2i. Not that i have an inclination towards either of SDHC or SDC ; Might go for one where i can expand if required... I assume all SDHC slots can use SD as well ?
happy.gif

Cheers!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omgged said:
Thanks a bundle splych

Is EZ-Flash V same as EZ Flash 3 in 1 ? Is it compatible with the DSi as well ? I might just pick up a Dsi + Ak2i. Not that i have an inclination towards either of SDHC or SDC ; Might go for one where i can expand if required... I assume all SDHC slots can use SD as well ?
happy.gif

Cheers!
Yes, EZ-Flash V is the same as EZ Flash 3 in 1. I just use either depending on how much time I have left since sometimes, I am in a rush to do things.

Neither of the two will be compatible with the DSi since they took off the GBA Slot. So now it is just a NDS Slot. I wouldn't get an AK2i just yet. I would wait until someone has been using it for a while, since you wouldn't want to risk anything bad happening. It has been tested, but not tested for more than a year. Maybe just stick with your DS Lite/Phat with the AK2i just in case you ever think about getting a DSi.

If an SDHC Micro SD can go into a SDHC slot, then a Micro SD card can go into a SDHC slot. If this sounds confusing... Yes, all SDHC slots can use SD.

Keep the questions coming xDD

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Use? Playing GBA games and Homebrews, using it as ram for slot-1.
Price Range? Anywhere below 40 bucks (I'm not paying more)
Slot 1/2? Slot-2
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable if possible. I don't care if its SD/miniSD/microSD.
Special features? Having RAM. I don't care about rumble, nor about NDS compatibility (I already own a slot-1, M3DS Real)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3 perfect? // Ez-IV? // Supercard SD??
Other?
Full (or close to full) GBA compatibility.
Hopefully able to interact with Slot-1 (like ez 3-in-1, m3 gba expansion or m3 perfect), as RAM or with gba exploader.
GBA sized (I own a gba, I want to use it on my gba too.)
Will Ez-IV work in any way with a slot-1 (it has psram and nor)?

Note: I want a slot 2 because I wanna use it with my gba, so M3 gba expansion is out of question, and ez-3-in-1 is kinda a hassle)
Another question.. Can you actually get new slot-2s anymore? Or just used?
Thanks in advance =)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dizzy Doom said:
Use? Playing GBA games and Homebrews, using it as ram for slot-1.
Price Range? Anywhere below 40 bucks (I'm not paying more)
Slot 1/2? Slot-2
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable if possible. I don't care if its SD/miniSD/microSD.
Special features? Having RAM. I don't care about rumble, nor about NDS compatibility (I already own a slot-1, M3DS Real)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3 perfect? // Ez-IV? // Supercard SD??
Other?
Hopefully able to interact with Slot-1 (like ez 3-in-1, m3 gba expansion or m3 perfect), as RAM or with gba exploader.
GBA sized (I own a gba, I want to use it on my gba too.)
Will Ez-IV work in any way with a slot-1 (it has psram and nor)?

Note: I want a slot 2 because I wanna use it with my gba, so M3 gba expansion is out of question, and ez-3-in-1 is kinda a hassle)
Another question.. Can you actually get new slot-2s anymore? Or just used?
Thanks in advance =)
You won't need GBAExploader I think. Just get the M3 Expansions. From what I have seen, the 256 MB Expansion in the M3 Perfect Bundle, is just the GBA Expansion.

It won't be expandable... Sorry, since I don't have much knowledge with expandable Slot 2s. If you are going to use it with flashcarts other then the M3, then you should get the EZ-Flash 3-in-1/ EZ-Flash V. If it is just for the M3, then the 256 MB expansion is what you need. Also, just so you know, you can only use it with the M3 Real and it doesn't have a rumble.

If you want to use one with a GBA Advance/SP, then get a SuperCard Mini SD or SD. Do a little more research if you want to know more. I just don't know anything about these... But I advised someone to get these before already.

SuperCard Mini SD (For Slot-2 and GBA) $11.50 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping)
SuperCard SD (For Slot-2 and GBA) $11.50 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping)
M3 GBA Expansion (For Slot-2 Only) $17.50 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping)

If you have any more questions, just post them here. And also, all prices are in USD Currency.

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Just games
Price Range? No higher than $30 including the 2GB MicroSD
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 I think (Whichever is the DS cartridge slot, not the GBA slot.)
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD
GBA compatibility? Doesnt matter
Special features? Dont need any
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4DS

I used to have a DS Lite about a year ago and I had a R4DS which worked great for me. My young nephew just got a DS Lite and I want to get him a R4DS but Ive heard somewhere that they arent good anymore because they dont support newer games. Is this true? If so, is there something similar to R4DS that I can get him?

I just need something cheap that will fit in the DS cartridge slot nicely like the R4DS does and that will play DS games. I dont need ANY special features. I only need it to play DS games new and old.

So will I be fine just getting the R4DS w/ 2GB MicroSD card? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nugzy said:
Use? Just games
Price Range? No higher than $30 including the 2GB MicroSD
Slot 1/2? Slot 1 I think (Whichever is the DS cartridge slot, not the GBA slot.)
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD
GBA compatibility? Doesnt matter
Special features? Dont need any
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4DS

I used to have a DS Lite about a year ago and I had a R4DS which worked great for me. My young nephew just got a DS Lite and I want to get him a R4DS but Ive heard somewhere that they arent good anymore because they dont support newer games. Is this true? If so, is there something similar to R4DS that I can get him?

I just need something cheap that will fit in the DS cartridge slot nicely like the R4DS does and that will play DS games. I dont need ANY special features. I only need it to play DS games new and old.

So will I be fine just getting the R4DS w/ 2GB MicroSD card? Thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me!
You have two choices that I would recommend:
- AceKard 2.1 (or AceKard 2i if you are planning on getting a DSi)
- EDGE

Since the EDGE has a GUI very similar to the R4DS, I would recommend it. Comes at a cheap price under $20. Compatibility is good, but I heard there are some games that don't load?

Then comes the AceKard 2.1. GUI is just like a browser... So it goes through folders, and sees the NDS Back-Ups. Also under $20, with much better compatibility, and has an alternate GUI known as the AKAIO.

I know it isn't very detailed, but in my view, it looks like that is how detailed it can go.

Where to buy:
- DealExtreme (Cheapest Prices)
- RealHotStuff (Faster shipping for AceKard 2.1 and is based in USA. Doesn't have EDGE though)
- Newegg (For Micro SD Cards and Micro SDHC Cards) *Only ships to USA I think*

Direct Links:
AceKard 2.1 for $11.22 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping)
AceKard 2i for $18.68 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping)
EDGE for $15.07 at DealExtreme (/w Free Shipping) *Sadly Out of Stock*
AceKard 2.1 for $20 at RealHotStuff (/w Free Shipping) *Free Shipping Only for US Residents*

AceKard 2i is waaay too expensive at RealHotStuff IMO when compared to DealExtreme. So I didn't bother posting it.

Post your questions if you have any.

EDIT: Sorry if the answer was delayed. It may have said I was posting, I just forgot to actually press the post button xD

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
2 words, AceKard 2. DO NOT get an R4, I don't care how cheap you can get it or what reason you want it, STAY AWAY.

Is there a specific reason? I had it last year when I owned a DS and it worked perfectly for me. Never had a single problem. Why is it bad now? Is it true that it doesnt play newer games or are there other reasons to stay away from it?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nugzy said:
PharaohsVizier said:
2 words, AceKard 2. DO NOT get an R4, I don't care how cheap you can get it or what reason you want it, STAY AWAY.

Is there a specific reason? I had it last year when I owned a DS and it worked perfectly for me. Never had a single problem. Why is it bad now? Is it true that it doesnt play newer games or are there other reasons to stay away from it?
Too many fakes out. Chances are they may brick your DS, and are just cheap knock-offs. So, you might as well not get an R4DS as there are better flashcarts out there that are being updated with better compatibility. R4 is obsolete. And yea, it doesn't play newer games and as I have said before, it can brick your DS.

So just get an AceKard 2.1 or the EDGE. The EDGE has a similar GUI to the CycloDS and R4DS. So if you want something that is similar, and is still being updated, go wit the EDGE.

Nugzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help guys! Im gonna go with the AceKard 2.1. Im gonna buy the 4GB MicroSD Card from Newegg. Does it matter which card I get? Heres the two Im considering:

A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card Model Turbo microSD HC 4G - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GUSDHC6 - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208408

Can anyone recommend one over the other? Or maybe a different one from Newegg? Thanks!!

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Both are good. From what I heard, they both run at the same speed, and are both good even though they are new to the Flash Memory World. I have a Patriot but was planning on getting an A-DATA. But, just get either, or which ever one you think sounds cooler since there is no big difference.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they are both pretty much the same
you could always just settle for a 2GB microSD if you want something cheaper. unless youre too lazy to take games off
tongue.gif

aphexpusher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
back when I was on this forum a bit and into this whole thing the R4 was new and it was thee cart. I sold my ds and r4 and havent been here since. I recently came upon a slightly broken ds lite that I will get nintendo to service. I was wondering which cart I should get now considering R4 is no longer top dog and the market is full of clones. I hear good things about acekard, edge, and cyclods. I dont want to spend too much. thanks. and also: hows it going? long time no see.

what I want:
price - max 30 bucks
for: ds backups, homebrew
want: high compatibility.
slot 1

aphexpusher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PharaohsVizier said:
Probably AceKard 2. The only difference between the expensive carts and the cheap carts are minor features such as real time save and real time guide. If you merely want to play all games, the AceKard 2 and EDGE will do fine. I think it is mostly accepted that the AceKard 2 is the better of the two, but still debatable. It is all a matter of personal preference when it boils down to these two carts.

would you say this company is a good one? this deal is amazing! http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142

Ballistic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DealExtreme is not all fakes. I bought my Acekard and other flashbangs (I felt like saying that) there. But DealExtreme has gotten immeasurably slow in terms of shipping. Prices are almost unmatched. But I recommend focalprice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway