Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

miezu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Romania
I get and error everytime but anyway it's 53$+at least 10$ it's double then any cart on deal extreme
I just have to choose between Supercard or M3DSReal
Don't you know which runs DBBDX
Does M3Real have real time save for DS games and multi-saves?

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games/Roms, Minor Homebrew
Price Range?20-45? May go over a little if needed.
Slot 1/2? Preferably just Slot 1, will buy the expansion if needed.
Built in or expandable memory?Either.
Special features? Custom GUI! =]. Or just nothing, I don't need much.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, Acekard2
Other? I'm going to be running this on the Original DS/ DS Phat. Also, I'm going to be getting one for my brother who has a DS Lite(Black if it matters). So I'm looking for a fairly cheap one that can play NDS games and maybe some homebrew.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
miezu said:
I get and error everytime but anyway it's 53$+at least 10$ it's double then any cart on deal extreme
I just have to choose between Supercard or M3DSReal
Don't you know which runs DBBDX
Does M3Real have real time save for DS games and multi-saves?
Both have 100% compatibility, so they should both run it... You should consider the Acekard 2, too. It's on dealextreme aswell.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kazumastars said:
Use? Games/Roms, Minor Homebrew
Price Range?20-45? May go over a little if needed.
Slot 1/2? Preferably just Slot 1, will buy the expansion if needed.
Built in or expandable memory?Either.
Special features? Custom GUI! =]. Or just nothing, I don't need much.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular: DSTT, Acekard2
Other? I'm going to be running this on the Original DS/ DS Phat. Also, I'm going to be getting one for my brother who has a DS Lite(Black if it matters). So I'm looking for a fairly cheap one that can play NDS games and maybe some homebrew.
I'd reccomend you to not get the Acekard 2 at the moment, due to its high failure rate.

It's still the best card at that price. If you want to risk it, go ahead.

And there's also the EDGE, which is also a pretty good cart. DSTT is good too, but lacks features.

Dako

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you Slowking, I'll look into the CycloDS and the EZ 3-in-1. About the M3 Simply, I had in mind the M3 Real, I just confused the names. I was considering the Acekard 2 because of the high scores on reviews and its price, but the high failure rate also scares me.

Thanks again!

By the way, what is Sakura?

Another question. Does the Acekard 2 works with the EZ 3-in-1?

Samnitmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really considering getting the DSTT, but I then looked at the Edge, and its only like $3 more. Is it worth it to get the Edge instead? What are the differences between the two?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Edge has a nicer gui but features wise they are about the same, and both of them have good support, so I'd say they are about the same.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samnitmar said:
I'm really considering getting the DSTT, but I then looked at the Edge, and its only like $3 more. Is it worth it to get the Edge instead? What are the differences between the two?
the edge is like a clone of the cyclo, without all the extra features (such as RTS and slowmo). DSTT has been around for awhile and its mainly known for its speed it has a great loading time but its menu is a bit retarded (its not alphabetically ordered unless you get Ysmenu). the edge is pretty fast to, considering it a clone of the cyclo. i think it just depends on whether you want to spend that extra 3 or not. if you are fine with just playing games and stuff, then save the 3$. if you want a more organized and prettier GUI, then go for the edge.

you might wanna wait for the usual members here to give their opinion though (Bri, and oj). but thats my opinion. hope it helped :]

bogi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
Well, by your criterion, the best flashcart for you would be M3 Real..
You buy yourself Perfect bundle (you get Rumble expansion and GBA expansion, both slot 2 carts that fit flush into lite) and M3 Real slot 1 flashcart..
It uses microSD (SDHC compatible), it has auto DLDI patch (but homebrew needs to be placed into the root of the card), it has slow.motion and cheats..(for GBA games you have cheats and RealTimeSave)..
You can use Sakura, that is a new firmware developed for M3 Real which has multimedia support within GUI (no need for moonshell or any other homebrev to watch video, listen to the music or read some eBooks...)...And I't the most impressive looking firmware at the time..

Thank you mate, I order it from shop.01media. DO I need memory card for slot2?

The-end

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, would you be able to tell me if this is a trust worthy website?

http://www.consoleup.com/shop/Console/Cycl...loDS-Evolution/

Thanks.
smile.gif

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consoleup.com is a really bad site. Try one of the sites sponsored on here. Look around for it. realhotstuff.com or dealwoot.com are on top of my list.

So i need help. I'm just getting a flash cart for gaming and i can't decide between getting the DSTT and the EDGE card. The Acekard 2 used to be a choice but then. . . huge faulty line. So, should I get the DSTT or the EDGE? It's going to be running on the Original DS Phat. Help please.

The-end

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I want a seller based in the UK, that way I'm not paying for international delivery & possible import tax. Why in particular is ConsuleUP a bad site?

Any advice? Thanks.

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just has bad service and has been known to send bad items. realhotstuff or dealwoot have good prices and shipping isn't much. Both are really good sites. If you want you can just go to dealextreme and wait the 2 weeks because their prices are way good.

BTW. Right now on dealwoot.com , CycloDS have free shipping.

InternHertz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Use? Games/Homebrew
Price Range? no limit
smile.gif
I want a good one, don't want to be limited by price

Slot 1/2? Slot-1, I already have a slot-2 (G6 lite)
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable, MicroSD, but don't mind having a built-in memory as well
Special features? Great Compatibility, Wifi/Download Play, Homebrew friendly (especially for Visual-Novel DS), and also a Great Support (quick updates for problem games)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular : I'm looking into CycloDS, Supercard SD One, Acekard RPG, but feel free to recommend another if it's better ^^.
Other? I'd really like a card that is relatively new, so that support for it won't stop in the next 6 months or so ^^

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? if possible...but not really needed as my G6 already does that ^^
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not needed, but always cool to have
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not needed, but always cool to have

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To InternHertz , if price isn't a problem for you, go for the CycloDS. Very good support, runs very well, a very good card to use for anything especially if you don't have a price range. Get a CycloDS and a class-6 4g microsdhc. Perfect combo.

Blued

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Use? Games, homebrew (video, music, ebooks)
Price Range? $20-$35
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Either
Special features? DLDI, good Wifi and download play support.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Was about to buy an Acekard 2, but since the problem with bad batches I have no idea anymore what I should get. Maybe the Supercard DS One...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol