Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I think i know a way to make flashcarts act like a 3ds cart first you use a flashcart choose the 3ds game the game gets loaded to where every. use the home button(so the 3ds is not turnin off) then in the home you see the 3ds game instaed of the flashcart? tell me that this is fake and it will not work
Seems plausible, but I don't think it'll work..
Unlikely...the 3DS will simply exit from the game currently loaded when the cartridge is taken out.

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New theory. we hack the nintendo channel from the wii put in some homberw run the homebrew in 3ds then the 3ds can send the homebrew for diffrent 3dses. or howbout we create something similar to letter bomb or like a hack that runs on a game?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i know a way to make flashcarts act like a 3ds cart first you use a flashcart choose the 3ds game the game gets loaded to where every. use the home button(so the 3ds is not turnin off) then in the home you see the 3ds game instaed of the flashcart? tell me that this is fake and it will not work
Seems plausible, but I don't think it'll work..
Unlikely...the 3DS will simply exit from the game currently loaded when the cartridge is taken out.
Doesn't it do that with 3DS games?

obesefishstick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just had an interesting thought about the downloadable content available. so save files and DLC are all keyed to a particular 3ds and very little is known about coding for the system yet.
what if we could get a hold of two or three systems with all the same downloadable content and compare the files via hex editor or some such in order to isolate the unique key for each 3ds or at the very least determine which section of the file is indeed branded to your console. I imagine that there is some fairly hefty encryption present but with enough titles to compare and some work it could be possible to create an algorithm which would rewrite that section of code and make it as if it was downloaded on any particular ds. I could be way off base here, but i think it sounds plausible.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've just had an interesting thought about the downloadable content available. so save files and DLC are all keyed to a particular 3ds and very little is known about coding for the system yet.
what if we could get a hold of two or three systems with all the same downloadable content and compare the files via hex editor or some such in order to isolate the unique key for each 3ds or at the very least determine which section of the file is indeed branded to your console. I imagine that there is some fairly hefty encryption present but with enough titles to compare and some work it could be possible to create an algorithm which would rewrite that section of code and make it as if it was downloaded on any particular ds. I could be way off base here, but i think it sounds plausible.
sounds plausible to me :) i should try it when i get my brothers :D *if im able to see anything from the files btw they are encrypted :P*

manneke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Unlikely. Such mistakes have already been done, namely by Microsoft (JPEG exploit) and dumb Sony (PSP TIFF exploit), so chances are that Nintendo learnt from that.

Hehe, the TIFF exploit. How did it work? I never really looked into it.

you can view the encrypted contents of files in notepad or a hex editor

lol. retard.

Reactions: Shade Tempest

silversonic1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first, I wondered if the browser could be used somehow to run an html exploit of some kind, but one user claimed that the browser is sandboxed. However, this puzzles me a little. I was under the impression that the 3DS games were sandboxed, running separately from the main system memory and that the browser used the main system memory in order to run parallel to the games. But if it is true that the browser is sandboxed, than perhaps there are other ways to hack the 3ds. There will soon be a messaging system to communicate with friends on your 3DS. I think once it's up and running, we should see if the letterbomb method works.
Also, somebody mentioned the circle pad add-on. The circle pad add-on will use the system's IR port to connect. Unless a way can be found to exploit the necessary IR handshake between the 2, it may prove to be a dead end.
But than there is also a possibility the street pass data could be exploited. I don't know of any ways it could be done, but it's worth checking.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are trying to find exploits which is useless because there is no code to load in the exploit
then whats the use of creating the exploit in the first place! how about we work on a 3ds emulater and run unsiged code on it then we find an exploit on the real 3ds
PROBLEM: There's no such thing as a 3DS emulator yet.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
new theory. run a ds game or 3ds eject the cartridge then do something while it says cartridge removed
Like what? Immediately slam another game into it and ummm crash your 3DS?
I don't think that's abusable.
Good theory:
Run a DS game > Eject Cartridge > Do something (e.g. start moonwalking)

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
you are trying to find exploits which is useless because there is no code to load in the exploit
the point of an exploit is to run unsigned code which we dont have yet so an exploit is useless at the moment

Umm... so which comes first, the chicken or the egg? We can't run unsigned code without an exploit, but without unsigned code an exploit is pointless? That doesn't make any sense. Are you saying you want somebody to figure out how to write unsigned code before anyone attempts to find an exploit? Do you realize how idiotic that sounds when you read it back?

Of course, an exploit is useless to us end users, but one needs to be found so that code can be reverse engineered in order to write our own without a leaked SDK (of which, there aren't any right now). Exploit comes first, the rest comes later, that's the reason initial hacks aren't released right away — the hackers that find the exploit then need to turn it into a workable solution for developers and us end users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2