Hacking Post your ideas regarding how to hack the 3DS, here

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry net bastard the 3ds firmware is nothing like the dsi and has a lot more security. though it is possible for an exploit to be found in the eshop there has to be previos hacking done in order to exicute code.

KidDarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP VALID HACK!
I think 3DS eshop can be hacked easily but people are sleeping. here is my theory, im not good in english so please bare it and try to understand me!
Okay, my theory is that everyone knows that Eshop games are downloaded in sd card and to see that what i did was connected my sd card to computer and i saw some weird folders in the folder "NINTENDO 3DS" and there were 3 folders named "476fd4531c454d0e917bddf545f8ce7b"
and "ae927456a579ac8753101523dc6f671b" and "Private" so i thought maybe they were the folders in which my games which i downloaded from eshop are stored, and know what? i was right. i cut those 2 folders, left the private one and paste it on my desktop as a backup and then inserted my sd card in my 3ds.. and i was shocked to see that my games were gone so i got the proof that like so you can identify folders of your game by testing and upload it on internet... a person buys a eshop game and uploads the folder etc on internet, the consumer puts the folder in his sd card and bamnn its Hacked.. but a person gotta do this if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop.. i only have 10 ambassador games and 1 legend of zelda four swords.. all of em are free and i dont have any credit on my eshop.. so if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop, please try this.. you can help everyone and sucessfully hack it! Thanks for taking your time to read my comment!
rolleyes.gif

KidDarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
KidDarkness said:
I think 3DS eshop can be hacked easily but people are sleeping. here is my theory, im not good in english so please bare it and try to understand me!
Okay, my theory is that everyone knows that Eshop games are downloaded in sd card and to see that what i did was connected my sd card to computer and i saw some weird folders in the folder "NINTENDO 3DS" and there were 3 folders named "476fd4531c454d0e917bddf545f8ce7b" and "ae927456a579ac8753101523dc6f671b" and "Private" so i thought maybe they were the folders in which my games which i downloaded from eshop are stored, and know what? i was right. i cut those 2 folders, left the private one and paste it on my desktop as a backup and then inserted my sd card in my 3ds.. and i was shocked to see that my games were gone so i got the proof that like so you can identify folders of your game by testing and upload it on internet... a person buys a eshop game and uploads the folder etc on internet, the consumer puts the folder in his sd card and bamnn its Hacked.. but a person gotta do this if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop.. i only have 10 ambassador games and 1 legend of zelda four swords.. all of em are free and i dont have any credit on my eshop.. so if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop, please try this.. you can help everyone and sucessfully hack it! Thanks for taking your time to read my comment!
rolleyes.gif

Ps :- I would try to do it as soon as i get my points card and buy a game(most probably inchworm animation) but my internet is damn slow to upload something buttttt i will try my level best... good luck
smile.gif

Posts merged

QUOTE(KidDarkness @ Oct 2 2011, 08:20 PM) NINTENDO 3DS ESHOP VALID HACK!

Okay, my theory is that everyone knows that Eshop games are downloaded in sd card and to see that what i did was connected my sd card to computer and i saw some weird folders in the folder "NINTENDO 3DS"
and there were 3 folders named "476fd4531c454d0e917bddf545f8ce7b"
and "ae927456a579ac8753101523dc6f671b" and "Private" so i thought maybe they were the folders in which my games which i downloaded from eshop are stored, and know what? i was right. i cut those 2 folders, left the private one and paste it on my desktop as a backup and then inserted my sd card in my 3ds.. and i was shocked to see that my games were gone so i got the proof that like so you can identify folders of your game by testing and upload it on internet... a person buys a eshop game and uploads the folder etc on internet, the consumer puts the folder in his sd card and bamnn its Hacked.. but a person gotta do this if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop.. i only have 10 ambassador games and 1 legend of zelda four swords.. all of em are free and i dont have any credit on my eshop.. so if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop, please try this.. you can help everyone and sucessfully hack it! Thanks for taking your time to read my comment!
rolleyes.gif

Ps :- I would try to do it as soon as i get my points card and buy a game(most probably inchworm animation) but my internet is damn slow to upload something buttttt i will try my level best... good luck
smile.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KidDarkness said:
Okay, my theory is that everyone knows that Eshop games are downloaded in sd card and to see that what i did was connected my sd card to computer and i saw some weird folders in the folder "NINTENDO 3DS" and there were 3 folders named "476fd4531c454d0e917bddf545f8ce7b"
rolleyes.gif

That won't work unfortunately , each game is made to work on the 3DS/DSi it was purchased on

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidDarkness said:
rolleyes.gif

Each 3DS has a special certificate attached to each game. The certificate is unique to every 3DS ever made and ever will be made.

Games cannot be transferred amongst systems.

rondoh70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a noob but would it be possible if an ariduno had the same chip lay out as the arm 11 processor of the 3ds, and you put the 3ds arm 11 processor in the ariduno to possibly compile the software code.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
what if someone were to launch a code, that crashes the 3DS like for instance trough the browser or trough a flashcard in DS mode or Dsi mode, then a code that resets the hardware but doesn't allow the firmware to boot, then launches a code that scans & reads every directory & copy the contents to the sd card.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

what if someone were to launch a code, that crashes the 3DS like for instance trough the browser or trough a flashcard in DS mode or Dsi mode, then a code that resets the hardware but doesn't allow the firmware to boot, then launches a code that scans & reads every directory & copy the contents to the sd card.
So the skeleton key?

Genius!

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So the skeleton key?

Genius!
haha yea. someone create some sort of skeleton key code.

midnight1001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi hust wanted to add this: (From Source 3d Brew website)
There are similarities between the 3DS and it's predecessors that could be used to communicate with an outside device (PC, microcontroller, etc.), one of them being the WiFi chip, which is very similar between the 3DS and DSi. Theoretically, if you could launch some code on the 3DS via an exploit, you could initialize the WiFi chip in the 3DS, connect to an access point, then connect to some network connected device, and send and receive data from the 3DS to the network connected device. This would allow you to do memory dumps over WiFi, upload code to the 3DS, etc.
Another method would be to dump the contents of the 3DS's RAM through a hardware modification. This can be done by soldering connections to the 3DS's RAM and connecting it to an FPGA or similar device. The 3DS would then be powered on and it would modify and use RAM as it normally would, and then the hacker can disengage the 3DS from it's RAM (through a switch, etc.) or access the RAM through the FPGA while the 3DS is still using it. A good example of this type of modification is scanlime's work with the DSi (link).
I just wanted to ask would any of these ways possibly work and do we have the hardware to do it? I personally think that this cant be done as im pretty sure it would have been exploited by now and the security would be a major factor in acheiving these things. I just wanted to ask...
Oh and what do you mean by skeleton key???

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
hey what about this?
take a 3ds game card open it, solider a wifi or bluetooth chip, then write some program that lets the chip/gamecard communicate with a pc, then extract data that way or send code that way?
another would be
make an r4 or acekard that will load like in ds or dsi mode(or any current one), make it possible to communicate with another device wirelessly, then send commands that way?

Kaleadoskope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

The browser is sandboxed. You can't do a thing with it. Like, as in, it is almost completely parallel from the 3DS' firmware and such.

So the skeleton key?

Genius!
haha yea. someone create some sort of skeleton key code.

:wtf:

hey what about this?
take a 3ds game card open it, solider a wifi or bluetooth chip, then write some program that lets the chip/gamecard communicate with a pc, then extract data that way or send code that way?
another would be
make an r4 or acekard that will load like in ds or dsi mode(or any current one), make it possible to communicate with another device wirelessly, then send commands that way?

Oh my God. I can't believe you even thought of suggesting that.

You can't just add hardware to a console and expect it to work without knowing how the console works. How it communicates to hardware, stuff like that (I'm not totally sure, I'm not a hacker).

That and, if it's in DS mode, it's in DS mode. You can't just switch back out of it.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(KidDarkness @ Oct 2 2011, 11:20 AM)

Okay, my theory is that everyone knows that Eshop games are downloaded in sd card and to see that what i did was connected my sd card to computer and i saw some weird folders in the folder "NINTENDO 3DS" and there were 3 folders named "476fd4531c454d0e917bddf545f8ce7b" and "ae927456a579ac8753101523dc6f671b" and "Private" so i thought maybe they were the folders in which my games which i downloaded from eshop are stored, and know what? i was right. i cut those 2 folders, left the private one and paste it on my desktop as a backup and then inserted my sd card in my 3ds.. and i was shocked to see that my games were gone so i got the proof that like so you can identify folders of your game by testing and upload it on internet... a person buys a eshop game and uploads the folder etc on internet, the consumer puts the folder in his sd card and bamnn its Hacked.. but a person gotta do this if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop.. i only have 10 ambassador games and 1 legend of zelda four swords.. all of em are free and i dont have any credit on my eshop.. so if anyone has a game which he bought from eshop, please try this.. you can help everyone and sucessfully hack it! Thanks for taking your time to read my comment!
rolleyes.gif

Each 3DS has a special certificate attached to each game. The certificate is unique to every 3DS ever made and ever will be made.

Games cannot be transferred amongst systems.
Are you sure it's in the 3DS and not the shop account?
If I were to have my friend link his 3DS to my club nintendo account or whatever, you know for a fact we won't share games?

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think i know a way to make flashcarts act like a 3ds cart first you use a flashcart choose the 3ds game the game gets loaded to where every. use the home button(so the 3ds is not turnin off) then in the home you see the 3ds game instaed of the flashcart? tell me that this is fake and it will not work

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i know a way to make flashcarts act like a 3ds cart first you use a flashcart choose the 3ds game the game gets loaded to where every. use the home button(so the 3ds is not turnin off) then in the home you see the 3ds game instaed of the flashcart? tell me that this is fake and it will not work
Seems plausible, but I don't think it'll work..

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this is a sort of future idea *when the system does get hacked somehow* you say that the 3ds games you buy from the eshop only work on the 3ds you bought them on... then the game file(s) must have a console key or something similar to a mac address to allow use of it on that system. Now if you could create a program that lets you cut out the already put in code *to recognize the correct console* and put in the code of your console you could patch the game to be able to run it on a different console... *just thinking* its probably not possible since the security is so high or different...

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah that works to :) but i forgot to add that IF the system will not be able to run unsigned code that would be a great but hard thing to do :) i was thinking a cfw would be great to using the SD card some how

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv