Post Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Xenon Hacks, May 29, 2016.

1. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Figure I might as well post it here too, but I think the new Zelda game looks like shit.

Humanity likes this.
  2. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    I don't think it's an unpopular opinion, everyone always says that new Zelda games are shit when they're released and that the previous ones are so much better :P

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  3. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Overwatch is overrated.

4. RedBlueGreen

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I've never thought that, but I do see it. It just looks like it's trying to be an open world game using the name for marketing. I don't mind the exploration, I enjoyed it in Skyward Sword. But I feel like the new one is scrapping what makes the series great just to get sales and try to stay "relevant". It just looks like any other open world game but with Zelda enemies and items.

I prefer what I like to call "limited open world" where there's an open world (or somewhat open) environment but you also need to progress in the story to advance. I think that good story and characters are what make great games. Following market trends for sales won't make your game nearly as memorable imo.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Jun 15, 2016
    TheKawaiiDesu likes this.
  5. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Ocarina of Time is not the best Zelda title

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  6. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 28, 2003
    United Kingdom
    New battlefield games are shit.

The game was at it's best when it was pc exclusive, ever since the mainline games went multiplatform it's been a dumbed down shell of it's former glory.

7. hii915

hii915 GBAtemp Fan

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Earth, GBAtemp
    madden 3ds is ace

8. Nyap

Nyap HTML Noob

Banned
    Jan 13, 2016
    That Chaos Site
    the new zelda game looks amazing

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  9. Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2016
    TBH everything blizzard has developed under the oversight of activition has been overrated. I sometimes wonder if when these kinds of big mergers happen, someone from HR gets assigned to go and fire all the actual gamers.

10. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

May 5, 2013
    United States
    I share many of your reservations about the jump to a fully-open world, however we haven't seen nearly enough to know how its implementation really affects the game as a whole, and Aonuma has earned the benefit of the doubt in my book as all of his Zelda games have been home-runs as far as I'm concerned.

11. aljpn91

aljpn91 Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    Devil's third is the best multiplayer game of this generation

12. CLOUD9RED

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    I haven't played or finished any Zelda game ever but I'd like to start with one, which one would you say is the best then?

13. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    If you like secondary quests, I would recommend Wind Waker.
    If you prefer having a long main quest with not many secondary quests, I would recommend A Link to the Past.

CLOUD9RED likes this.
  14. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    You can start with every game. I suggest you to not start with 'Zelda 1' nor 'Zelda 2' (NES).
    You can start with 'A Link to the Past' (SNES), 'Oracle of Ages/Seasons' (play them together) or 'Link's Awakening DX' (GBC, my favorites). If you are not a noob with rpg/puzzle games/dungeon exploring you can start with 'Twilight Princess' or 'Wind Waker' (Wii U has HD remakes).
    Every Zelda game is different. Play 'Majora's Mask' after 'Ocarina of Time'. Also, you can skip 'Phantom Hourglass' and 'Spirit Tracks' (DS).
    I suggest also to play "Skyward Sword" not for first because it say many things you'll learn in other titles

Last edited by EmanueleBGN, Jun 18, 2016
    CLOUD9RED likes this.
  15. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Having a top TN screen on your 3DS is better than having an IPS.

16. CLOUD9RED

CLOUD9RED GBAtemp Regular

Feb 2, 2016
    Swaziland
    Oh great, they have A Link to the Past on VC 3DS :) and it looks good! Thanks. Wish more games could go back to that retro look! :D

17. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    So your unpopular argument is that digital table-top games suck and are an outdated concept? I can see why that'd be an unpopular idea.

18. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    So if I marry someone gaming is illegal... Im a nerd 2 (maybe)

Anyway, I think the wii u is one of the best gaming consoles there have been, no joke

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Bowser, Mario and Peach have an eternal bond...

19. Hungry Friend

Hungry Friend It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Apr 16, 2015
    United States
    Calling turn-based outdated is an uninformed opinion, because action games are just as old as TB games and there are a million different play styles for games, but in this case I'm talking about RPGs specifically. I can understand disliking TB or in the case of FF4-9, CT etc pseudo TB, but the various TB systems are simply different styles of play and are no more "outdated" than action RPGs. Calling TB outdated is an objectively incorrect statement.

Also, "open world" games are generally overrated. In many cases you'll get games that are massive, but highly unpolished and based more on quantity than quality. Some level of linearity isn't necessarily a bad thing and there's a balance between linear and open design. Both extremes usually suck.

VinsCool, vayanui8 and RedBlueGreen like this.
  20. RedBlueGreen

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    I prefer things where the open world or exploration parts are limited by story progression. That's one of the things I like about 3D Zelda games, the Xenoblade games, and one of the things I love about Fable games (even if they're generally not great). Honestly I think that hype plays a big part in how well games are received. We're at a point where even if a game doesn't deserve all the hype or deliver it's still considered "amazing" because nobody wants to admit this mainstream hyped game is overrated or underwhelming. I genuinely consider The Evil Within to be significantly better than The Last of Us (not a very relevant comparison, but still. My PS4 ran The Evil Within flawlessly so I have no comment on the performance issues).

Humanity likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted