Croatia
1718711819627.png

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does this even qualify as funny picture? Is this suitable for EOF? I'd say it belongs into serious off-topic discussions.

As my texts aren't welcome here I'll put it into a spoiler to not disrupt the flow of the thread. I still feel the urge to answer:
As many dystopias, Terminator underestimated what reality might bring. As frightening as this man-shaped monstrosity of a killer machine is, the reality is much more frightening. Same for an AI going apeshit. We don't even need an AI going mad. We can do it on our own.

Message of the T-2 was awesome: A killer machine learning the value of life (rather than the humans doing it). Shares loose similarities to WOPR/Joshua from WarGames.

If you want to think of killer robots as a realistic threat
T1-8.jpg
Not mature, but semi-working technology of self-driving cars is able to judge many situations by pattern matching and can (mostly) identify humans to avoid running over them. Not hard to set a logical NOT in existing programs and attach a machine gun.

The question is if an effective killer machine needs to pass as human to infiltrate emplacements. Weaponry is strong enough for easy overkill without "undercover agents". Currently most humans wouldn't even be able to survive for very long when just cutting electricity. There is no "Plan B" if our high tech fails.

Yes I'm scared, but not of AI as it is right now. I'm scared of humans in charge, of warmongers, who never understood
Winning move.jpg
I'm not living near a primary target and would most likely be among those wandering around aimlessly, blinded, burned and slowly rotting away. ← 😱 That is how scary reality is right now.
A Terminator blasting away my head is nothing against this.

And don't have the right to purchase barbiturate for such a case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/A55QVIZLvmM?si=Tfg2H3hXqq5mU-X3