possibly picking up an acekard...

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TOMBONATOR, Jul 19, 2009.

Jul 19, 2009
  1. TOMBONATOR
    OP

Newcomer TOMBONATOR Newbie

United States
    was thinking of picking up an acekard for my dsi, was curious as to whether or not backup games running from the acekard would they run the multiplayer portion of the the game online using the built in wifi...

IE: mario kart multiplayer

any drawbacks to using wifi with the acekard in your ds??

2. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Should run it fine. I haven't come across any drawbacks yet.

3. TOMBONATOR
    OP

United States

what about updating my dsi's firmware?

4. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    The AK2i can be blocked by a firmware update. You should go for the M3i0 to avoid being blocked.

5. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Wrong all carts can be blocked including M3i0.

6. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Like Normmatt said, both can be blocked. Whether or not they can release a new kernel update to circumvent the block is the question. Nintendo hasn't blocked any of the "i" carts yet so it's hard to say. In case you didn't know the AK2i can update it's kernel just like the M3i.

7. rommy667

Member rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Go for AK2i for the price you simply cant go wrong,the akaio gui is slick & fast as they come and has more features than you can shake a stick at.........

8. TOMBONATOR
    OP

United States
    thanks for the info guys i think ill go with an acekard, i just talked with a buddy of mine he has an acekard as well, though after 2 months his card stopped being recognized completely by his dsi(stated nothing was inserted in his slot1), said he didn't update his firmware on his dsi, though he did have wifi enabled. luckily he was able to return his to the original vendor and have it replaced for no charge. Just wondering if anyone else experienced a problem like this or what might have caused it to happen?

9. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    as many will argue, yell at me, and tell me to shut up... i continue to tell the truth about the ak2i.

the kit was rushed to market. they were the 1st to released an "i" kit. the 2i (seems with both hardware revisions, tho less on the new one) suffers from contact issues, msd seat issues, msd slot issues, spring issues, and sometimes bootloader corruption. many people love the kit, many people have no problems, but many people don't abuse their flash linkers like i do. i beta test (on avg.) 10 things a month. i test rom compatibility for emulators. i abuse my kits. the ak2.1 outlasts the 2i in all regards. however, if you have a dsi you will be getting an "i" linker.

what i've said should not put you off that much. the acekard team is great, the 1yr warranty is great, the akaio firmware is arguably the best in the scene. but be warned that you might get a dud. also there has been a recent influx of ak2i clones shipping with legit ak2i stickers on them. so buy from a reputable dealer who allows exchanges and returns.

-another world