possibly bricked 3ds after a9lh

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by florist_Fran, Mar 3, 2017.

1. florist_Fran
    OP

florist_Fran Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    I was installing a9lh+luma on a friends new 3ds and after downgrading to 2.1.0 and installing a9lh i found that my 11.2 backup was not on the sd card so i had to do the 9.2.0 ctrtransfer step (including updating to 11.3) and fbi wouldnt install my .tik files, so in an attempt to fix it i tried to backup my nand and then restore it (which seems stupid in hindsight), from that point on my 3ds doesnt boot into sysnand but it does boot into luma decrypt9 hourglass9 etc. i assume my nand backup was corrupted, is there anyway to fix this 3ds without a working nand backup? when i boot i get a blue light and a black screen, luma is the latest release on github thank you all for your time sorry for being that guy who joins a forum just to ask whats probably a noob question

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    If you can go boot into Luma config it doesn't mean you're bricked, follow the troubleshooting or post in the main Luma thread.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Try another 9.2 CTR transfer

4. dAVID_

dAVID_ GBATemp Enthusiast

Oct 23, 2016
    Mexico
    Your basement
    Why do you still use .tik files?

5. florist_Fran
    OP

florist_Fran Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    they were legitimate .tik files from before i hacked it

6. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Last edited by proflayton123, Mar 3, 2017
    Quantumcat likes this.
  7. florist_Fran
    OP

florist_Fran Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2017
    United States
    thanks, but it doesnt seem to work, although it should it doesnt nothing changes after i copy "loader.cxi" to the sysmodules folder, so im going to try asking in the official thread, thanks for the help though hopefully im able to get this sorted out soon :/