Possible to inject FDS titles?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by CrazyBlergh, Jul 20, 2017.

1. CrazyBlergh
    OP

CrazyBlergh GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Couldn't find anything on this.
    Can you inject any FDS game? Does the Japanese virtual console use the actual fds roms (Castlevania 1, Zelda, many others with enhanced music)?

2. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    CrazyBlergh likes this.
  3. CrazyBlergh
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Thank you!

Unfortunately I don't know what to do with this and I have more questions. None of the usual injectors support FDS natively I take it? I'll have to change the header to make the fds file compatible?
    Do you know of a (video) tutorial that shows how to implement this? Do you have information pertaining to Castevania 1?
    Lastly, will FDS games perform well on 3ds?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Sure, they're just a standard Famicom/NES plus an expansion card (which unlike SNES + SA-1 isn't that heavy for even a DS)... of course there are official FDS virtual console games :)

But I don't think anything else (except Animal Crossing for Gamecube, and the NES Mini) supports the QD image format ("quick disk"? the disk invented by Maxell that Nintendo used on actual FDS units), so I doubt there's a public converter either...

CrazyBlergh likes this.
  5. CrazyBlergh
    OP

Sep 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Totally forgot about the official FDS titles. Akumajo Dracula won't be a problem after all!