ROM Hack Possible to Hex Edit 3DS Save Files?

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this question has been answered before! :)

Is it possible to hex edit 3ds save files?
I've been waiting ages for Powersaves to put up codes for Harvest Moon Lost Valley and it just isn't happening.

It's a great game but I get so bored trying to save up money for all the upgrades and just want a quick way of being able to afford them. Is this possible?

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah once you've extracted with sdf you can edit what you want. Just need to find the relevant data and look out for any checksums etc.

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah once you've extracted with sdf you can edit what you want. Just need to find the relevant data and look out for any checksums etc.

Thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was possible before trying, I've done hex editing before but it was ages ago, not sure if I can remember how :P

Edit: sdf doesn't seem to have the save file listed so I'm not sure how to decrypt it :S

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MichiS97

"Leftist snowflake milennial"
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You need to be careful though. Most save games have checksum integrity checks so editing values without fixing the checksum will end you up with a corrupt save file. Pulling this off is not that difficult though ;)

19cookies

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to be careful though. Most save games have checksum integrity checks so editing values without fixing the checksum will end you up with a corrupt save file. Pulling this off is not that difficult though ;)

Thanks for letting me know! Not had any problems so far but I know for the future :)

hawkeye91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for letting me know! Not had any problems so far but I know for the future :)
Wow what game is that? Do you know any game that doesnt use checksum other than bravely default? I always failed editing games like rune factory, persona q and EOIV

ChrisX930

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow what game is that? Do you know any game that doesnt use checksum other than bravely default? I always failed editing games like rune factory, persona q and EOIV

same problem here.
Found some variables for Rune Factory 4 in the savefiles, but after editing and reimporting with Savedatafiler, the Savegame is corrupted.

Rurounik99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
And so, how we can decrypt an hex edit correctly MH4U?

According to some users, we need to find the encrypt/filter subroutine in exefs. We could try to make a editor based on mh4g exefs, or completely rewrite encryptor / filter to bypass capcom's copyright.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,