ROM Hack Possible to create button hack for LoZ SS?

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to create a mod to change the controller config on skyward sword using the pro controller?

The L button if held allows you to use the right joystick to move around the camera, without it being held it is used for swinging the sword.

Is it possible to modify the game where L is a toggle button for camera/sword usage instead of holding the L button to run around?

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't the Switch allow for button remapping in the system settings?
You can remap buttons but this is a change in functionality, so not a particularly helpful comment.

Is it possible to create a mod to change the controller config on skyward sword using the pro controller?

The L button if held allows you to use the right joystick to move around the camera, without it being held it is used for swinging the sword.

Is it possible to modify the game where L is a toggle button for camera/sword usage instead of holding the L button to run around?

I mean it's possible, perhaps through something like sys con, expect it wouldn't be super difficult if you are familiar with coding to add a "sticky keys" style toggle. Might be worth giving the dev a shout.

Deleted member 514389

GBA Connoisseur
Trophies
Website
f.ls
XP
Country
Germany
Doesn't the Switch allow for button remapping in the system settings?
OP wants to invert the camera/sword function.
Button mapping won't help with that.

Wanted is most likely:
hold L to use camera & w.o. L use sword
=> ☑ hold L to use sword & w.o. L use camera

I suggest contacting Ninty...
That way even unhacked/modded users'll benefit.

Digital Foundry also touched on this issue in their SSHD analysis.

Reactions: falcorr and m37r01d

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can remap buttons but this is a change in functionality, so not a particularly helpful comment.

I mean it's possible, perhaps through something like sys con, expect it wouldn't be super difficult if you are familiar with coding to add a "sticky keys" style toggle. Might be worth giving the dev a shout.
OP wants to invert the camera/sword function.
Button mapping won't help with that.

Wanted is most likely:
hold L to use camera & w.o. L use sword
=> ☑ hold L to use sword & w.o. L use camera

I suggest contacting Ninty...
That way even unhacked/modded users'll benefit.

Digital Foundry also touched on this issue in their SSHD analysis.
Logistically, I'm not sure how one would conveniently Z-target and L-sword at the same time. I'd recommend looking at alternatives using button remapping.

Reactions: m37r01d

m37r01d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Logistically, I'm not sure how one would conveniently Z-target and L-sword at the same time. I'd recommend looking at alternatives using button remapping.

Good point i suppose z-target would have to cancel the toggle if in the camera toggle.

silvershadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
u can probably make such a mod with a Titan Two.

id imagine, when L is not pressed, output L is pressed. When L is pressed, output L is not pressed.

assuming its as simple as that.

EDIT: i guess the better answer is what was said above. same thing, but with Sys-con, or some other similar homebrew. especially if you dont have a titan two laying around (or want to do it in handheld mode).

Maybe a cheat code might be possible too? I think you might be able to make a cheat code like that, could be wrong.

Last edited by silvershadow,
Reactions: m37r01d

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Imo sword attacks should only be active when holding ZL (Z targeting), the right stick should move the camera by default.

falcorr

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
A sys-module / overlay doesn't look too complicated, just checking out libnx, e.g. via the hid and pad source. The example that prints controller inputs is a good starting point. Haven't got around to a serious crack at it but might at some point.

It'd be useful to have a homebrew mapping overlay in general. The ability to toggle inputs would be great beyond Skyward Sword.

Reactions: Fadi5555

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope if we can do the same thing with Mario Galaxy. Collecting starbits by using right analog stick. Like Nvidia shield version.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
What I'd really like to see is ability to use analog stick for swimming/loftwing while retaining sword motion controls. Though the Camera L button thing seems like an easy hack to do. It's just a matter of finding someone with the skills who wants to research that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer