Gaming Possible Pokemon Timeline?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 6,260
  • Replies 32
D

Deleted User

OP
I'm a sucker for video game stories. I used to speculate about the Zelda timeline all the time, even though I hate the gameplay. But since that was fixed a long time ago, I'm going to talk about the Pokemon timeline.

Here is the evidence of my theory:

FR/LG is 3 years before HG/SS:
Team Rocket explains it all.

Pt is before B/W:
Cynthia says that see has seen a person just like you in Black/White, which is almost certainly the main character of Platinum. Looker also says something, but I forgot.

B/W is before B/W2:
Bianca and Cheren will possibly mention someone from the previous games, and we've also received an official confirmation of it being a sequel. Besides, it has the number 2 on it.

HG/SS is before Pt:
OK, this might be a long shot, but hear me out. Jasmine, the Johto Steel-type Gym Leader, says in Platinum: "...I came from very far away because I wanted to get stronger. On the way, I met all sorts of people with their Pokemon." I think this is a slight hint that one of those people was the main character of Gold.

HG/SS is before E:
In the "special stone that gets Lati(o/a)s" event, someone from Hoenn (I GOT TO STOP FORGETTING!) says that you look familiar. Again, might refer to Emerald's main character

Also, FireRed/LeafGreen and Emerald have some similarities. In conclusion my timeline is: FR/LG/E, HG/SS, Pt, B/W, and B/W2. Any questions/contradictions?

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it was like:

RBY = RSE (same time, different parts of the world, maybe they didn't know about the other's existence at the time? That doesn't make sense to me.)
GSC = DPPt (same as above)
BW
BW2

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a timeline?
not really, like, some things in the remakes of g/s link with diamond/pearl, and ru/sa with fr/lg, but they still aren't really connected story wise. They just happen to take place in the same time period, or something.

I think it's all just fan speculation, though. I could be wrong.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
People actually care about the Pokemon timeline? I mean, I'm a big fan of the Pokemon games but even I never really gave a crap about when the games took place.

Reactions: 2 people

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a possible Tetris timeline?

They made one but then the line got cleared.

1010bbecd3d478fd50ac8d68473f69f2.jpg

Reactions: 12 people

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Kanto and Hoenn-based games are located at the same time.
Johto and Sinnoh-based games are located 3 years after Kanto and Hoenn.
BW is further in the future than Johto and Sinnoh.
BW2 is 2 years after BW.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted User

OP
I thought people agreed with this timeline?

I believe it to some respect. I believe that Pt and HG/SS take place closely together, but not completely simultaneously. Maybe between you defeating her and the rematch she went to Sinnoh, I don't know. But it should be very close.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, I'm bored. And I haven't played a game with a timeline as mysterious as Zelda.

The Zelda timeline doesn't even make sense. Pokemon really doesn't have much of a timeline either nor has anyone cared about it. All you know is that G/S/C take place after R/B/Y at least, everything else is pretty much in the air.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted User

OP
Eh, I'm bored. And I haven't played a game with a timeline as mysterious as Zelda.

The Zelda timeline doesn't even make sense. Pokemon really doesn't have much of a timeline either nor has anyone cared about it. All you know is that G/S/C take place after R/B/Y at least, everything else is pretty much in the air.

It kind of does make more sense the more you analyze it... but I can't go deeper in the topic or else I'll have to make a new thread... Anyways, can someone redirect me to a good game with a good speculative content?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.