possible downgrade option?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by akira022, Jan 20, 2016.

1. akira022
    OP

akira022 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    Just trying to install a cfw to my New 3DS XL. It has a sysnand version of 10.2.-28U. When I purchased my 3DS I had a friend introduce me to sky3ds and I purchased one over the summer. I didn't look into other options until I purchased my sons 2ds and was able to install rxtools pasta ed on it. Now that I have his set all the way up and he loves it....I am wanting to get my 3ds going. I know that I cannot get through to gateway from my browser to backup my NAND but is there another way? I am not very hardware handy because of some nasty rheumatoid arthritis so I am not confident to open my ds up. It has been suggested that I come over here and ask if it is possible to downgrade. I do not have a gateway but do have a sky3ds that I used to rxtool my sons. Any suggestions?

2. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    Need to do hard mod to make back up of your nand in its current state incase of a brick during downgrade. Thats the best and safest solution. Depending on where in the world your located you can send it off and have a hard mod installed.

3. akira022
    OP

akira022 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2010
    United States
    think gateway will get to 10.2 this year?

4. vb_encryption_vb

vb_encryption_vb That hardmod guy....

Nov 21, 2015
    United States
    Acworth, GA
    With a safe downgrade or back up of nand.
    Probably not.