Hacking Question Possible Atmosphere Issue

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is currently on 7.0.1 and I am using Atmo 8.9. I am not using AutoRCM.

Currently when I try to boot into Atmo it pops up and tells me it cannot initialize SD card. I have a 128gb SanDisk that I have tested with this windows program, can’t remember the name, it wrote a file to every sector of the card and came back as a legit card with no problems. I’ve also tried booting REINX and get a similar error it cannot initialize SD Card.

When I boot to stock Horizon the switch reads the card and there is no issues. I have tried with a Samsung 32gb and another SanDisk 64gb and I get the same error on all the cards. I’ve also tried both FAT32 and ExFAT on all three with the same outcome.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use autoRCM or RCM jig to run atmosphere and reinx no matter how hard you tried.. Without them, it won't work that way.

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must use autoRCM or RCM jig to run atmosphere and reinx no matter how hard you tried.. Without them, it won't work that way.

My apologies for my misinformation, I am using an RCM jig just not AutoRCM. I can get into RCM and Tegra injects the payload fine by when Atmo goes to boot it gives me the error.

Last edited by Onsonj,
Reactions: NoNAND

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies for my misinformation, I am using an RCM jig just not AutoRCM. I can get into RCM and Tegra injects the payload fine by when Atmo goes to boot it gives me the error.

That's alright. Hmm.. It shouldn't. Show your picture for the better answer. And what RCM jig do you use ? A paper clip ? Or you order it from online ?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
How odd..
Have you tried to run the hekate payload/Linux or any other payload on the switch that doesn't necessarily have to be a cfw?

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How odd..
Have you tried to run the hekate payload/Linux or any other payload on the switch that doesn't necessarily have to be a cfw?

I thought I had tried everything but I didn’t think about running anything other than Rei or Atmo. I will give that a shot tonight when I am back near my computer.

Reactions: NoNAND

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's alright. Hmm.. It shouldn't. Show your picture for the better answer. And what RCM jig do you use ? A paper clip ? Or you order it from online ?

I will post a picture tonight, I bought a Jig online, it’s mostly plastic but has a paper clip that loops on both sides. It slides down in to the rail. I don’t think it has anything to do with RCM since I can get into RCM with no problems and Tegra picks up the switch in RCM fine. It is only a problem when I boot Atmo or Rei. When I boot stock Horizon the memory card is read and I can take screenshots and it works fine so I don’t think it’s the memory card reader either.

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to boot Hekate fine, it did have an error at the bottom about “sleep Library missing”. I posted a picture of that. Also I posted the picture of the error I’ m getting in Atmo.

Attachments

• 63337A3D-A20A-4554-B401-2B4B99AC16C4.jpeg
    63337A3D-A20A-4554-B401-2B4B99AC16C4.jpeg
    855.8 KB · Views: 292
  • F650BE16-5EC9-4E13-86A1-15CB4DA3DEEB.jpeg
    F650BE16-5EC9-4E13-86A1-15CB4DA3DEEB.jpeg
    882.9 KB · Views: 214
Last edited by Onsonj,

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might be the error that happens when the cable to the sd slot isn't fully connected? @CTCaer

I keep going to the SD card slot too but when I’m in stock Horizon the SD card works fine. I can take screenshots and edit them. I played with stock for about a week and no SD card errors. I only get this when booting CFW.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I keep going to the SD card slot too but when I’m in stock Horizon the SD card works fine. I can take screenshots and edit them. I played with stock for about a week and no SD card errors. I only get this when booting CFW.
Yeah there's a thing where the card works in OFW but not CFW. The SD slot has multiple data lines, if some of them aren't connected properly then OFW will still work with a single data line at a lower speed. CFW drivers don't support this, and need all data lines working. You can try pressing on the back of the case where the connector for the SD slot is on the motherboard, google for pictures.

Onsonj

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah there's a thing where the card works in OFW but not CFW. The SD slot has multiple data lines, if some of them aren't connected properly then OFW will still work with a single data line at a lower speed. CFW drivers don't support this, and need all data lines working. You can try pressing on the back of the case where the connector for the SD slot is on the motherboard, google for pictures.

I had no idea about the multiple data lines, but that makes perfect sense. It mirrors exactly what it’s doing. I was finally able to get Atmosphere to boot by ejecting the SD card then reinserting it while hitting the power button to reboot it. After playing a few games I put in my dock and grabbed it out a little later and got the error the SD card was removed. Thank you for the help, i’ll try this fix tonight and report back.

Reactions: hippy dave

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to boot Hekate fine, it did have an error at the bottom about “sleep Library missing”. I posted a picture of that. Also I posted the picture of the error I’ m getting in Atmo.

Thanks. And I have no idea about it. First time I have seen it. I hope someone will help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs