Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess I was a bit optimistic out there... Told you I wasn't as lucky as most people here^^ I'll try to get it done, hoping it will work this time. Unfortunately I can't use OoT3DHax because if it fails and I get back to 10.6 I won't have any HBL entrypoint left.
OoT3DHax works on 10.6, it's what I used for my video. Or do you mean that you can't inject it because you're using a different version?

Reactions: TarkinMX

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Guess I was a bit optimistic out there... Told you I wasn't as lucky as most people here^^ I'll try to get it done, hoping it will work this time. Unfortunately I can't use OoT3DHax because if it fails and I get back to 10.6 I won't have any HBL entrypoint left.
I got a partial on my spare o3ds when I was testing with this earlier, so it's not like it's that uncommon. Second time worked for me though, and it generally does.

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OoT3DHax works on 10.6, it's what I used for my video
Yeah that's the point, I can't afford to loose my 10.6 payload on this cartridge so I can't put a 9.2 payload on it (and it doesn't load with 10.6 payload under 9.2)

I got a partial on my spare o3ds when I was testing with this earlier, so it's not like it's that uncommon. Second time worked for me though, and it generally does.

2nd time is a failure too for me :s Process went well but now it boots into Home menu, starts loading some icons and crashes... We'll see what 3rd round is made of !
EDIT: can't load menuhax either, so it's back to 10.6 I guess...

Last edited by supercarotte,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Get the new archive and try again then :) Worst comes to worst boot into recovery mode, upgrade to 10.6 (you have oot3dhax right?) and then try again.

That's what I'm doing (yes I do have OoT3DHax). But I don't know where to find such an archive, all those I downloaded until now had 104 files in them.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: supercarotte

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
That's what I'm doing (yes I do have OoT3DHax). But I don't know where to find such an archive, all those I downloaded until now had 104 files in them.

I had 104 files as well, and it worked perfectly

Seems like that isn't your problem then. :mellow: Maybe you're best off recovering to 10.6 now and then trying again, before 10.7 is released with more stability.

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Download an OLD 9.2 pack of the same region and add these two files to your n3DS pack: (don't worry, they're exactly the same for both old and new 3DS)

0004013000001A02.CIA
0004013000001B02.CIA

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had 104 files as well, and it worked perfectly :mellow:

Let me try once again then :)
Download an OLD 9.2 pack of the same region and add these two files to your n3DS pack: (don't worry, they're exactly the same for both old and new 3DS)

0004013000001A02.CIA
0004013000001B02.CIA

I'm in the middle of a downgrade atm, if it fails I'll do as you say.
EDIT: of course it failed, trying your fix now.

Last edited by supercarotte,

flagrama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have your code source on github or something?
Just so we can compile the latest binaries, since this will end up just like the 5000 mch2 sysUpdater variants where nobody knows which one the latest / stable / up to date is in the future.
Main repo which works for O3DS fine: https://github.com/angelsl/3ds-sysUpdater
My fork which has N3DS (just updated the svchax submodule once N3DS started working) https://github.com/flagrama/3ds-sysUpdater

I made a pull request to the main repo, should be merged eventually.

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

OoT3DHax works on 10.6, it's what I used for my video. Or do you mean that you can't inject it because you're using a different version?

I could be wrong but I wanted to point out to remember to download the payload onto your OOT game before updating to 10.6 again.

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, i am having trouble with a 3DS XL and browserhax. It says that "this 3ds browser is not supported by 3ds_browserhax_common".

Already tried the January 2000 stuff but no success. So, what i am doing wrong?

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, i am having trouble with a 3DS XL and browserhax. It says that "this 3ds browser is not supported by 3ds_browserhax_common".

Already tried the January 2000 stuff but no success. So, what i am doing wrong?

Did you initialize the save data? Or are you on 10.6?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I found it funny cause many many years ago, had a roommate in college that did this same dumbass...