Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Download an OLD 9.2 pack of the same region and add these two files to your n3DS pack: (don't worry, they're exactly the same for both old and new 3DS)

0004013000001A02.CIA
0004013000001B02.CIA

Didn't work, it's still a brick.

That guide I linked has links to the upgrade files, those are the ones I used on several N3DS

It's already what I'm using. Maybe I can downgrade to 9.0 instead of 9.2...

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't work, it's still a brick.

It's already what I'm using. Maybe I can downgrade to 9.0 instead of 9.2...
That could work, yes. Good luck with it. I hope it'll work for you eventually haha :P

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp time to get a new new 3DS. at least my GameStop knows me and said I just have to pop in by Thursday to get a new one. Was doing everything right till I was slapped and it was a success install from 10.6. went black screen with just a blue light and put in on multiple times but it failed so one question if I get a new new 3DS XL and not update it will I be able to have my NNID on it once I call Nintendo and tell them I sold my 3DS or will I have to update and get my NNID back then wait for a proper downgrade or do this one for 10.6. Just need to know this info so I can make sure I don't fuck up again.

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp time to get a new new 3DS. at least my GameStop knows me and said I just have to pop in by Thursday to get a new one. Was doing everything right till I was slapped and it was a success install from 10.6. went black screen with just a blue light and put in on multiple times but it failed so one question if I get a new new 3DS XL and not update it will I be able to have my NNID on it once I call Nintendo and tell them I sold my 3DS or will I have to update and get my NNID back then wait for a proper downgrade or do this one for 10.6. Just need to know this info so I can make sure I don't fuck up again.

You might be able to recover from that, what step were you on?

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I know I am an idiot for this...

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You might be able to recover from that, what step were you on?

Was at the end of the installing the CIAs and it said success then black screen, waited for like 10 minutes and nothing so I restared the 3DS and black screen and blue light shows up nothing else

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Format your n3DS and try again. This fixes it for some people.

Wow ! Thanks a lot I finally managed to get that downgrade done !
Tough it's bad that I don't know what was causing the process to fail before the reset, at least if anyone's into the same troubles as I did now they know formatting the 3DS solves the issue :yayu:

PS: didn't get any error message this time so I guess it's not a partial... any way I can be 100% sure ?

Last edited by supercarotte,

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How long should I hold onto the buttons for. I do for a few minutes and nothing

Make sure you press the buttons before pressing the power button, and keep them pressed 2-3 secs (until the screen backlights switch on).

(but do as armoredgun said first)

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Power it on without the micro SD card.

I did still nothing after holding onto them for a minute

Make sure you press the buttons before pressing the power button, and keep them pressed 2-3 secs (until the screen backlights switch on).

I do press the buttons before the power button and I held it for like a minute

(but do as armoredgun said first)
You need to hold those while booting the system.

Did it an failed after holding onto for a minute after removing the sd card and putting the power on after holding onto all the buttons you need to

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is what I got before the black screen and only the blue light

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160308221132.png
    Screenshot_20160308221132.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 224

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did still nothing after holding onto them for a minute

Did it an failed after holding onto for a minute after removing the sd card and putting the power on after holding onto all the buttons you need to

You're probably doing it wrong, I found it hard the first couples of times I had to do that combo too. I personnaly put my index on L & R buttons and my thumbs on Up & A, then I keep all those pressed and power the 3DS on with my little finger.

EDIT: why isn't NATIVE_FIRM hte last thing to update ? Are you using the correct build ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1