lucky

Reactions: Mostachini

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
svchax_test homebrew did NOT work for me even though the sysUpdater I linked to did

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so N3DS on 10.3 can downgrade with the method or what?

It won't use the new method, it will use the old method, which does work, but takes a gazillion tries.

Reactions: tivu100
D

Deleted User

Not sure if it helps but the test failed on my New 3ds XL that is running 10.6.0.31U using Ninjhax

Just states svchax press start to exit but is frozen :P

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it helps but the test failed on my New 3ds XL that is running 10.6.0.31U using Ninjhax

Just states svchax press start to exit but is frozen :P

The test never worked for me, but as you can see from my video and pics, the sysUpdater worked great.

D

Deleted User

The test never worked for me, but as you can see from my video and pics, the sysUpdater worked great.
I wonder why one works but not the other. So odd haha

I cant wait to be able to downgrade this Majoras Mask 3ds :P Im just waiting for a more idiot proof guide thats all in one place before I attempt/risk bricking a LE system

gatao30cm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Get the typical 1 extra and 2 different for downgrades.
dsp, gpio, amiibo
Should have no effect and allow for downgrading to 2.1 and getting OTP and A9LH

T0aok8p.jpg

Just tried here. Downgrade N3DS 10.5 -> 9.2 SUCCESS!! Worked like a charm on my first try, no bricks. Using menuhax, btw

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I cant wait to be able to downgrade this Majoras Mask 3ds :P Im just waiting for a more idiot proof guide thats all in one place before I attempt/risk bricking a LE system
I believe Plailect's guide is updated now: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide
His is really well done because it goes through having you unlink your NANDs and saves your current games/saves.
Just make sure to follow VERY very very carefully and don't miss any steps and read through the whole thing before even starting.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States

I doubt there will be a better guide coming out given that the process is literally the exact same as 10.3 but switching sysupdater builds.

Here's the best guide I know of, but use the new build of sysupdater rather than what's in the guide: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Homebrew)

Edit: Ninja'd

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Currently attempting downgrading my "virgin" (HBL-ready) n3DSXL -> 0/2 successful attempts. Going on a 3rd one but it takes forever to download the 10.6 update each time^^

btw, I've been told the 9.2E_n3ds zip file's MD5 should be 6DCCA8FCBC9A28C82C2A4E5182F3ACF8, but until here everything I downloaded had this MD5 instead : AAA5960A3061DA1F08D944D8E7017BD6. So, do you know which one is correct ?

Finally ! Reporting another successfull downgrading attempt on n3DS, though I haven't been as lucky as some of you guys : 10.6E to 9.2E wouldn't work after 10 tries, so I went for 10.3E and it worked, then I used the same version of sysupdater again to downgrade to 9.2. Note that I had trouble launching the homebrew under 10.3 : failed to launch 15 times when coming from browserhax, but got it the 2nd time from menuhax. My 3DS trolled me a bit with a "an error has occured" screen after the 9.2 downgrade, but switching it off and on allowed me to boot into 9.2 Home menu !

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Finally ! Reporting another successfull downgrading attempt on n3DS, though I haven't been as lucky as some of you guys : 10.6E to 9.2E wouldn't work after 10 tries, so I went for 10.3E and it worked, then I used the same version of sysupdater again to downgrade to 9.2. Note that I had trouble launching the homebrew under 10.3 : failed to launch 15 times when coming from browserhax, but got it the 2nd time from menuhax. My 3DS trolled me a bit with a "an error has occured" screen after the 9.2 downgrade, but switching it off and on allowed me to boot into 9.2 Home menu !
Dude, you've definitely got a partial. Don't worry though, just run browserhax and attempt the downgrade again.

freezerburn26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From what I have seen, OOTHax and cubicninja seem to be way more stable than menu or browser and in my own experience that was definitely true, using browserhax took many many tries, and so did menuhax

Dude, you've definitely got a partial. Don't worry though, just run browserhax and attempt the downgrade again.

Anytime you get the 3ds nintendo error screen while downloading, you only have a partial downgrade and you need to redo it over again.

Reactions: astronautlevel

supercarotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
From what I have seen, OOTHax and cubicninja seem to be way more stable than menu or browser and in my own experience that was definitely true, using browserhax took many many tries, and so did menuhax

Anytime you get the 3ds nintendo error screen while downloading, you only have a partial downgrade and you need to redo it over again.

Guess I was a bit optimistic out there... Told you I wasn't as lucky as most people here^^ I'll try to get it done, hoping it will work this time. Unfortunately I can't use OoT3DHax because if it fails and I get back to 10.6 I won't have any HBL entrypoint left.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q