Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when was the last time a new person said "Hey, I found an exploit, here it is", and it turned out he had actually found an exploit? (Not counting the start when everyone was a new person and there was no existing scene.)

I agree though that the timing was terrible. Releasing it now means it'll get patched for 10.7.

Reactions: Xinaman

ImCarlosGG

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
#TrueStory
image.jpeg

Last edited by ImCarlosGG,

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How does that work? If 10.6 can flash 10.2 native_firm, what's stopping 10.8 etc from flashing the 10.6 native_firm?
Minor and major versions haven't been updated for 9.6-10.4 FIRMs. However, if these versions get updated, it won't work anymore. It will be like using a 9.2 FIRM on 10.6.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wasted or not he did a thing only very few have done about 3-5 Known kernals right? And he found a new one so wether it gets patched or not next update its still a huge success
It's memchunkhax2. But it's still something good, however I think that you don't remember the 9.3+ wait for a Kernel11 exploit.

Reactions: Ronhero

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So when was the last time a new person said "Hey, I found an exploit, here it is", and it turned out he had actually found an exploit? (Not counting the start when everyone was a new person and there was no existing scene.)

I agree though that the timing was terrible. Releasing it now means it'll get patched for 10.7.
He just released it.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first is the first: we need someone to do a homebrew to install legit cias. Once this works (and become stable) we could think about the downgrade...

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Lot's of people can't be bothered to hardmod.

Either because they have no soldering experience or they are too broke to pay someone else to hardmod it for them.
Well they shouldn't be playing with stuff that can potentially render the console useless imo. :P
That's my stance and I'm sticking to it. :D

Reactions: Supster131

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, the first is the first: document the exploit, clean up that "code" (I can't even call that code!)
Is there anyone doing it right now? I'd like to do it but I'm not in the mood to get an headache over 550 lines of stuff with things tossed all over the place

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker