Posible First DSi hack method discovered?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Josephvb10, Jul 1, 2010.

Jul 1, 2010
  1. Josephvb10
    OP

Member Josephvb10 The Pokémon guy

Costa Rica
    I was experimenting and i get a little surprise, i discovered a little a hidden .nds file on a homebrew (i didnt know what is this file for), the file is a recreation of a DS Lite menu and you can find the download play, the pictochat and the settins, AND ALL WORK, except the settings because i dont think that a little .nds file in a dsi flashcart (obviously on ds mode) could change a setting in the DSi.

But today i put mario kart ON AN OLD DS LITE, next i enter to the wifi settings and i select the transfer tool. Now, in my dsi, i execute the .nds file, select download play and i downloaded the transfer tool and...
    THE WIFI SETTINGS OF THE DS LITE HAD BEEN TRANSFERED TO MY DSI; including the access points and the wifi id so...
    A HOMEBREW ON SUPERCARD DS ONEi COULD CHANGE THE DSi SETTINGS!!!

So, why we cant use this method to transfer a hack to the dsi memory?

2. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    This means nothing. The DSi is made to be able to grab wifi setting from a DS Lite for people who upgraded. It only works on the homebrew because it's a nds dump of the DS Lite firmware.

It's nothing new and we already know about this homebrew file that acts as the DS Lite's firmware.

3. worlok375

Member worlok375 GBAtemp's prince

United States
    This is old news.