Homebrew Portal DS (in 3D !)

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it could be privately released to the MineDS team, or other developer under a NDA. I never got anything more than a simple raycasting models on the ds and a limited mp3/wma decoder back in the day. I guess its how the old saying goes: Magician never reveals his secrets. sadly.

Reactions: Wolfgange

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Perhaps it could be privately released to the MineDS team, or other developer under a NDA. I never got anything more than a simple raycasting models on the ds and a limited mp3/wma decoder back in the day. I guess its how the old saying goes: Magician never reveals his secrets. sadly.

only i *did* reveal my "secrets". again, it's ALL in here : http://smealum.net/?page_id=80

Reactions: 2ndApex

Wolfgange

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only i *did* reveal my "secrets". again, it's ALL in here : http://smealum.net/?page_id=80

This is like writing the answer to the world... in an archaic language only known by a select few. Like mentioned before (in post #160), yes, it is interesting to read about the your proposed methods of how to recreate DSCraft, but unfortunately most programmers who are interested, don't have the ability/time to recreate the whole game just to extend/alter its capabilities.

For instance, assuming I were talented enough to rewrite DSCraft (Which I'm not), I would not have the time to rewrite what has already been written, just to add something like glass panes to the game. Giving the source changes all of that, since almost anyone who knows some DS Programming can extend/alter DSCraft's capabilities without inputting all of the extra time, and without it requiring an in-depth knowledge about VRAM Banks and ARM7/ARM9.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He said he won't release DSCraft sources, this is Portal DS thread, let's keep this ontopic.
if you want to learn, check Portal DS sources he released, you'll probably learn more than looking at DS craft sources as he coded it later and it should be cleaner.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyone made any cool maps for this? This game is awesome and I wish there were more levels and am having a hard time finding custom maps online.
the website has a section for sharing custom maps, so there are a few there : http://smealum.net/ASDS/?forum=level-sharing
unfortunately i'm not aware of any other user-made levels for the game.

you might want to take a second look at which thread you're posting in.

Reactions: Wolfgange

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone tell me how to use nitrofs. im trying to play this game on my 3ds using my r4i rts gold and whenever I open hbmenu it shows a devkit pro sign and at bottom fatinitdefault failed. im hoping to use nitrofs to play it but I don't know what to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters +1