Homebrew Portal DS (in 3D !)

jerbear64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This homebrew looks amazing! Smealum, I am only worthy of one position in this thread. A position that tells you to
tumblr_mpxf4bVpSd1rld98bo1_500.jpg

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Neo coding competition he says. I can't wait!
yeah. I'm not super motivated these days unfortunately so a July release seems out of the question right now. I really do want to have something ready for the competition though, so if all goes according to plan I should at least release a playable (though possibly rudimentary) demo on August 20th.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Me too, this dev knows how to rock the DS in the graphics department for sure... And the framerate of the graphics engine he's using is simply amazing... :D

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
As long as you have the right flash cart, it should be fine (SuperCard DSTwo is quick with supporting the latest 3DS updates, so that's probably your best bet).
Gateway comes along with a DS card no? I wonder how fast they're with updates... (otherwise... yes, I know about DSTwo, would love to get one for the GBA emu too ^^ )

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Gateway comes along with a DS card no? I wonder how fast they're with updates... (otherwise... yes, I know about DSTwo, would love to get one for the GBA emu too ^^ )
I think they're working on a 3DS flash cart, but I don't know the details. You should be able to find more info in the 3DS hacking subsection.

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
ok so unfortunately I've slacked off way too much and as a result haven't really worked on the game in the past 2~3 months. this is a bit of a problem because I want to enter something in the neoflash competition, but also because this project has been going for way too long now and I'd like to finally release something.

so what I'm going to do is this : in the next couple days (read : 4, 5 days if all goes well), I'm going to try and get something rough but working up on my server. I'll send a link to everyone who might want to design levels for the game, and this way I can continue polishing the game while people make cool content. the goal being to have something nice by august 20th. of course I'll make levels myself as well but more can't hurt right ?

so anyone interested should post here and I'll send out a mass PM as soon as I have something.

Reactions: joeyjoey396

joeyjoey396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so unfortunately I've slacked off way too much and as a result haven't really worked on the game in the past 2~3 months. this is a bit of a problem because I want to enter something in the neoflash competition, but also because this project has been going for way too long now and I'd like to finally release something.

so what I'm going to do is this : in the next couple days (read : 4, 5 days if all goes well), I'm going to try and get something rough but working up on my server. I'll send a link to everyone who might want to design levels for the game, and this way I can continue polishing the game while people make cool content. the goal being to have something nice by august 20th. of course I'll make levels myself as well but more can't hurt right ?

so anyone interested should post here and I'll send out a mass PM as soon as I have something.

I'll make levels. How much do you want people to make?

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
I'll make levels. How much do you want people to make?

as much as you want/can I guess. unfortunately the game will still be rather limited so I'm not sure if we'll be able to make any really interesting puzzles, but the more variety the better I suppose.
but just to be clear : there's no obligation. if you "sign up" as a map maker and end up not making even one, that's cool. just don't sign up just for early access, it's definitely a better idea to wait for the actual release.

joeyjoey396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as much as you want/can I guess. unfortunately the game will still be rather limited so I'm not sure if we'll be able to make any really interesting puzzles, but the more variety the better I suppose.
but just to be clear : there's no obligation. if you "sign up" as a map maker and end up not making even one, that's cool. just don't sign up just for early access, it's definitely a better idea to wait for the actual release.

Oh nice. I probably won't be making like, a lot, but I'll be sure to send you a couple. I have a lot of free time, and this is a project I've been waiting for for a while. It'll be nice to help out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs