Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Why is everyone so bloody fussed about this game?

Sure its a great game and I seriously enjoyed it and still do but in my opinion Portal wasnt actually a full on game but more a light puzzle game you should get for free with a copy of the sunday newspaper if you know what I mean.
I mean its a gimmick game and not a proper game. Its like Star Wars Pod Racer on the N64(?). There was a movie, it had a good scene so they made a small game out of it.

There was a new engine, it had awesome capabilities and they had a puzzle in mind so they created Portal as a fun nondepth (cake? seriously?) game that ended up being bundled with HL2 and co like it should as an extra

Its no DNF of HL2E3 or DX3 or SWTOR or any other big game out there waiting to be unleashed on the world

Its Portal -_-
Not everybody is crazy hyped for it. The people that are hyped-up tend to be very vocal about it. I personally loved Portal. The gameplay was unique and fun, and the story concept was interesting and thought-provoking (plus it was free!). I agree it wasn't a "proper" game, but the idea of getting a full-length "proper" Portal title makes me feel giddy. And about the cake, it's meant to be symbolic, not just delicious.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
Not everybody is crazy hyped for it. The people that are hyped-up tend to be very vocal about it. I personally loved Portal. The gameplay was unique and fun, and the story concept was interesting and thought-provoking (plus it was free!). I agree it wasn't a "proper" game, but the idea of getting a full-length "proper" Portal title makes me feel giddy. And about the cake, it's meant to be symbolic, not just delicious.

Explain the symbolism of the cake (1500 words)

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dont get me wrong I loved Portal for what it was, to be honest I kinda fear a full on game of it. The part of it tha captured my interest was that it was a simple puzzle game that you can just do whenever you wanted rather then an actual game, kinda like a sudoku or something

Well I get the cake but not real depth is there, unless you start thinking it was ment as a tie-in for The Matrix because there is no spoon and as such the cake has to be a lie... but thats abit far fetched, or is it?
ph34r.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Doesn't surprise me at all, though I'd imagine it would be fun to play this whenever it does get released.

Who thinks that there's going to be another offer on Portal when this does come out? Either free again or with the price slashed massively.

Or a bundle.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
Doesn't surprise me at all, though I'd imagine it would be fun to play this whenever it does get released.

Who thinks that there's going to be another offer on Portal when this does come out? Either free again or with the price slashed massively.

Or a bundle.

Probably free when you buy Portal 2

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GundamXXX said:
Well I get the cake but not real depth is there, unless you start thinking it was ment as a tie-in for The Matrix because there is no spoon and as such the cake has to be a lie... but thats abit far fetched, or is it?
ph34r.gif
To me seemed like the cake was meant to symbolize part of your humanity in an environment designed to strip away everything that makes you feel human. It seemed like it was also meant to make you question the idea of human motivation, what motivates you personally, and how it feels to have been motivated by a complete lie (IMO a sort of jab at religion in general). It's much deeper than you make it out to be.

@Protokun: That sounds pretty likely. I'd guess Portal bundled in for free. They've already added a special Companion Cube pin to the Team Fortress 2 item catalog, too.

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
injected11 said:
GundamXXX said:
ph34r.gif
To me seemed like the cake was meant to symbolize part of your humanity in an environment designed to strip away everything that makes you feel human. It seemed like it was also meant to make you question the idea of human motivation, what motivates you personally, and how it feels to have been motivated by a complete lie (IMO a sort of jab at religion in general). It's much deeper than you make it out to be.

@Protokun: That sounds pretty likely. I'd guess Portal bundled in for free. They've already added a special Companion Cube pin to the Team Fortress 2 item catalog, too.

I suppose they put the cake there as a view that people can choose on how to interpret it themselves.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ProtoKun7 said:

Or a bundle.
Free cake.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahem.

WHERES MY EPISODE 3 YOU BASTARDS?

On topic, this is good, most companies skip stuff so they can make a release. This means it'll be a quality release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0