PortableMinecraft for All!!

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by MarioMasta64, Feb 8, 2017.

1. MarioMasta64
    OP

MarioMasta64 hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    This Project Is Now Combined Into EverythingPortable See The Below Link For Details

For anyone interested i made a portable minecraft launcher with the ability to make new profiles launch the default profile delete profiles it downloads everything for you (for the time being java needs to be installed but in a future version it will automatically download jPortable)

https://github.com/MarioMasta64/MinecraftPortable/releases/latest

use this commit as the others have issues

feel free to leave suggestions here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/need-help-to-develop-a-better-experience.463811

other projects

EverythingPortable: https://gbatemp.net/threads/portableeverything-for-all.465297/
    SteamPortable: https://gbatemp.net/threads/portable-steam-for-all.463545/
    OBSPortable: https://gbatemp.net/threads/portable-obs-for-all.463568/

Last edited by MarioMasta64, Oct 8, 2017
    TheVinAnator and Skyshadow101 like this.
  2. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    So, it's basically Minecraft with portable Java?

3. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    yes with multiple profile creation deletion and it auto downloads everything (minus java) also i think the issue is the fact im returning to a vairable

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Update: returned to default launcher im likely just gonna add an update option in the menu Release v1.0.1-beta

4. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    v1.0.3 fixed up a few things (cleanup mostly) but is essentially the same as the first version

5. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    release v1.0.4-beta jPortable downloader added

6. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Hallelujah Java is complete shit and I don't want it anywhere *near* my registry.

7. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    new update: no more need to type long paths in manually it automatically does it for you. if you already have the program just choose update. also downloads are in .zip form as an alternative on request of @Dr.Hacknik

Last edited by MarioMasta64, Mar 13, 2017
  8. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    next update: so i found out how to read text from a file into batch. which means opening my program doesnt have to be like playing fnaf and having notepad.exe steal your soul. expect it soon(tm)

9. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    update: no more notepad.exe creepypastas

10. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    You should make it use 64-bit Java portable, in the past I've ran into issues with the 32-bit one when making portable launchers. And allocating RAM, too, 64-bit JRE allows you to allocate more. Most have a 64-bit PC anyway.

MarioMasta64 likes this.
  11. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    as far as i know it installs 64bit java? ^^" the program i use is jPortable from the PortableApps Suite. i could look into it for another way to install java. but im trying for no admin and as little software as possible. btw if you type y before launching you can use system java for the meantime.

i found a 64bit version. i could possibly ask the user if their on 32bit or 64bit computer and itll download the corresponding java.

12. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
  13. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    i already have a way to check os with 2 lines of code. but thank you anyways

oh fancy tho one of them use the same way as me :o

easy fix
    Changed Code

choose update from the menu and itll update to v25 which includes the changes :D (i need to fix the replacer.bat as it keeps a windows open i know whats wrong but i get lazy lol so just close that extra window)

new update v25: now includes ability to use java64 on arch64 and java32 on arch32 it automatically does everything for youu so just update and run as usual. (if you hav a 64bit arch itll need to download java46 but it shouldnt take to long)

14. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    while im on hiatus (of sorts) i will be working on bringing all the programs together with the ability to download other programs and such from within the program and urls will be easier to fetch as i wont have to hardcode them. when this update hits i will ask you to update and it will automatically rename the binaries and move the files to the appropriate locations basically youll be able to run everything from one directory alot easier. (the hardest part is getting a reading on a file till i fix the issue this update wont come) when the update comes the included binary on the page will turn to a null'ed out binary that will serve no other function than to update the launcher (even smaller binary size :D) i hope you all will enjoy the new changes (along with the dreaded bad path fix)

15. MarioMasta64
    OP

Dec 21, 2016
    United States
    update v1 - release no moe need to manually type the profile you want to launch (but you can if you want) they now come in numbered list form also the project has been merged into the PortableEverything project where all binaries can coexist if you already have the project just choose update and all files will be changed the way they need to be