Port Forwarding Question

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Alerek, Aug 14, 2008.

Aug 14, 2008

Port Forwarding Question by Alerek at 7:56 AM (805 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Alerek
    OP

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hey Hey. I have a problem. I'm trying to play world of warcraft with my girlfriend here....we're using the same internet connection, but I know I have a ton of bandwidth. We keep getting disconnected, almost systematically every 30 mins or so. I was thinking that using port forwarding to get her reserved on her own spots, so we dont bump heads may help?

I'm not real experienced with the port forwarding stuff.

2. fenthwick

Member fenthwick GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I don't think it has something to do with the ports if the game is running and working. I assume you're using a wireless router. I might be because the signal gets lost or that like my router did was that it swiched the internal IPs between the computers.

So check if it's in aplace so the ginal doesn't gett interfered/blocked. Or if it's the IP thing then login to the router and there should be (hopefully, depends on router) a option for you to assign an internal IP to a specific computer.

Oh and make sure no computer downloads anything while you play.

3. Alerek
    OP

United States
    We're using hardlines for our webs and it has more bandwidth than I know what to do with..

4. eldaddio

Newcomer eldaddio Advanced Member

United Kingdom
  5. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    I, too, don't think it is a problem that has to do with your ports and the way they are forwarded. Sure, it would help when downloading a WoW update using their torrent client, but that's another story.

Perhaps it is your router that is causing your grief.

6. Alerek
    OP

United States
    I may have not explained my problem the right way. Regardless, I did the whole port forward thing, just had PC 2 in this problem use another port in lieu of the port wow wants, and voila, we don't randomly disconnect anymore.