Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't really remind me of Pop:TB yet, the only Populous game i played (and I played that one for years). The characters, gameplay (from what I can see now) and buildings look entirely different. Ok, it's still pretty early to dislike this game, because after all it's still Populous
biggrin.gif
I was about to type... exactly that
tongue.gif
I loved Populous: The Beginning, but the screens don't look anything like it. I was hoping for a 3D-game... Oh well...

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Damn, my amiga games are on another continent.

Otherwise I am curious, if it turns out like paperboy on the GBA then something may be said. Good and I will get back to wanting syndicate and/or cannon fodder/

Syndicate/Cannon Fodder/2D Prince of Persia/Flashback/Wing Commander/Monkey Island... the list is endless...
wub.gif

I so wish we had an Amiga Emulator on DS. I'll add Supercars 2 and both Speedball games to the list. Elite anyone?

I have flashback working pretty well on my R4DS now
smile.gif
And of course lemmings my favorite version too.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt we will ever see an amiga emu (one that works well anyhow)

Elite got ported to the GBA, search for quirky GBA remakes (the same guy now does the DS web browser bungaloo). It works great.

Also can I suggest nic's (one of the people that builds xvid) Frontier port/update. It is the closest thing I have found to elite on modern computers (the X series is to elite what True Crime is to GTA in my opinion). http://nic.dnsalias.com/

Speedball was on the master system as well as I recall. The master system is emulated well enough.

G

Gilrad

Wow.. nice!
Too bad Molyneux is not involved in this :/

Are you kidding?

If Molyneux were involved each living creature would have it's own unique AI and there would be no interface and you could micromanage down to the farmers in the fields but you wouldn't have to if you didn't want to and controls would be completely intuitive and the production values would be completely epic and the world would change according to your actions and playing it would give you a real sense of satisfaction and... Well, choose around two things from that list, and cut out everything except those two things that would make the game even relatively entertaining.

Honestly, I look forward to a Japanese-designed remake of an old Bullfrog game. And since Molyneux isn't touching it, we might actually see it before the second coming of Christ!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: