Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amigatastic!

Now I'm just hoping its not a straight port, nothing wrong with the original games at all but these sort of games need to be tailored to their platform properly.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yaaaay, looks good
happy.gif

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno why but seeing the Japanese text on this game is a bit weird.

EDIT: I thought EA closed their Japanese studio after Sim City?

Enialis

Trophies
XP
Country
Awsome, I used to love playing populous on the SNES.

As for explaining what the game is about, I have no idea how...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, my amiga games are on another continent.

Otherwise I am curious, if it turns out like paperboy on the GBA then something may be said. Good and I will get back to wanting syndicate and/or cannon fodder/

evadwolrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, my amiga games are on another continent.

Otherwise I am curious, if it turns out like paperboy on the GBA then something may be said. Good and I will get back to wanting syndicate and/or cannon fodder/
Syndicate/Cannon Fodder/2D Prince of Persia/Flashback/Wing Commander/Monkey Island... the list is endless...
wub.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
Wow.. nice!
Too bad Molyneux is not involved in this :/

I'd say good thing Molyneux isn't involved in this. He'd turn it into some garbage featuring dogs which show the map and pokémon pet mode and animals you'd have to tickle.
wacko.gif

Anyways, looking forward, populous 2 and the beginning were my favourites. Awesome games.
In the populous 2, I loved to build down the enemy terrain so either they'd drown or they'd have unbuildable terrain.
wink.gif

so who's developing the game? is it still some inhouse EA developer or?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Syndicate/Cannon Fodder/2D Prince of Persia/Flashback/Wing Commander/Monkey Island... the list is endless...Â
wub.gif
First 2 I can not help with (sure you could try the megadrive version but a mouse is really what is needed). Can I suggest the GBA prince of persia games, they are pretty good (certainly some of the best GBA platformers of the genre).
Flashback and another world have had ports http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc http://gtamp.com/DS/flashbackds.php
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/REminiscenceDS.shtml
Wing commander:
Sorry, no can do. SNES emulator is about your only option here.

Monkey island 1 and 2 can be played great when using SCUMMVMDS

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New shots:

02.jpg
03.jpg

06.jpg
07.jpg

04.jpg
05.jpg

According to IGN it'll have 1-4 multiplayer via multi-cart and that EA Japan are doing it even though I thought they'd closed after Sim City DS. Japanese version is released February 21, no date for anywhere else.

evadwolrab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks cool.

Populous was a strange one - I remember as a kid I'd always feel really involved in the mythology of the game. It was either just my innocent age, or there was something authentic about the symbology in the game. It really felt like a Greek (it was Greek right? D'oh!) god game and not just some make-believe world like B&W.

Cheers for that, Fast! I spose I'll just have to scavenge for active torrents to find the Scumm roms? I've had ScummVM installed before but could only find the free games so I got rid of it.

I've got a GBA cart somewhere so I'll dig that out and try n find the PoP games! Did I hear right that the latest R4 update lets you play GBA games? I have a DS-X...
cry.gif

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It doesn't really remind me of Pop:TB yet, the only Populous game i played (and I played that one for years). The characters, gameplay (from what I can see now) and buildings look entirely different. Ok, it's still pretty early to dislike this game, because after all it's still Populous
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk