Popular online co-op

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by steveroo, Dec 20, 2015.

1. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    I bought a ps3, just because it was $20.00 at a thrift store. I see online gaming is free on the console. What games usually are guaranteed to find people online for co-op gaming?

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Alas "guaranteed" is a harder thing to find if it is a random stranger you want to get co-op sorted with -- I do not know if you have ever tried to find a good few randoms to do some kind of tactical game, now think what might happen if you want that for 10 hours for co-op. To that end if you can find a friend or family member then I have found that the best path. To make matters worse you will find some of the better co-op games are levelled and that makes things even harder if you are trying to find someone you own level or near enough -- Borderlands (1,2 and pre sequel), The Lord of the Rings: War in the North, Dark Souls 2, Sacred 2 (don't do 3), Diablo 3 and technically even Resident Evil 5 (6 is not the best game, though it can do slightly better for co-op) can be a pain. Other than Diablo 3 I have had a great time playing all of those in co-op in various forms, I just did it with friends and split screen.
    Such things are usually also what I spend most of my time doing co-op on so while I like the Earth Defense Force franchise, which should dodge most of that, I have no idea how many people are playing it online these days. Equally the Operation Flashpoint games are fun if you like that sort of thing but I never really liked the console versions and trying to get people to play properly online is no fun at all.

Anyway list you can refine a bit.
    http://www.co-optimus.com/games.php?system=2&playerCount=2&countDirection=at least

steveroo likes this.
  3. steveroo
    OP

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    I didn't realize some online games level match. Now I understand why I get kicked all the time when playing castle crash'ers on the 360.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice