War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
(Decided to make a new thread so people who come to the PSP forums know what we're talking about. In the old thread, they would have thought I was still having homebrew problems...)

So I'm still trying to figure out how to use popsloader on my friends PSP Slim. I have tried running it with the games Parasite Eve and Resident Evil 3:Nemesis, and they both froze after the Playstation logo. When I booted both games, a menu never came up asking me what pops version I wanted to use... so obviously, I installed something wrong. I tried starting the games by holding the R button as well, and no menu ever came up.

Anyway, here are screenshots of their ENTIRE seplugins folder, including screens of the .txt files and how they are set up. I hope this is of some use to someone, and they can help me figure out this dilemma. :\

Screenshots:

GbaDoctor

GbaTemp MaD fOrGeD DoCtOr
Trophies
Website
gbadoctor.spaces.live.com
XP
Country
Italy
First of all, we need to know what firmware ure on.
Second, be sure to use the newer popsloader out there, 380v2 version.
Third, boot in recovery and disable ALL PLUGINS and leave just popsloader in POPS enabled.
When booting a game, hold down R until pops menu appears. Try now.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
EDIT: Woot, it worked! I used myuu's method, and it worked perfectly. I help down R as I started Resident Evil 3, and the popsloader menu came up and asked me what pops firmware I wanted. I chose the right one, and the game started flawlessly!

Couple questions though...
-Why is it in a tiny screen? D: I always thought that the PSP could play PS1 games in full-screen mode? I really hope so...
-Is it normal for the analog stick not to work? Because it's a pain having to move around in RE games without it, lol.
-I just realized... isn't there supposed to be L2 and R2 buttons? How does that work out? Leah's brother (owner of the PSP) said that he remembers that in RE, you had to hold down R2 and then press x to shoot. However, I just pressed the R button on the PSP and it did the little aim mode thing... so does that mean that R in the PSP = R2 of the PSX?

EDIT2: I basically answered all my questions by pressing the HOME button
tongue.gif
What screen setting do you guys usually use? I was messing around on my friend's Slim and I kind of like Full Screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro