Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did someone manage to get music works in Need for Speed 3: high stakes?
I tried to use the Jap gameid of the same game and to use puzzle bobble 3 dx and bio hazard 2 gameid with no success, unfortunately. Tried also to use other pops on my PSP but nothing.
Maybe also need for speed 4 has the same problem. It's a pity, because soundtrack of those games is wonderful
Need for Speed 3 HP still no sound, Need 4 High Stakes works fine.

Reactions: ciarli-b

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, here's an interesting one.

Digimon World 2003. The European release.

When worked as a PSP-PS1 game, there's a game-breaking glitch where you enter a room, and the game hangs on a black screen. This same issue happens on the PS3 as well. (Ain't that strange?)

The only workarounds are
  • Use save-states and pray.
  • Attempt to open menu, and exit, after getting the black screen.
  • Use RetroArch on Vita ; no glitches and no slowdown (that I have noticed).

Although RetroArch seems to be the best way to play the game, I thought I'd mention it in this thread, at least for archival purposes / someone curious about the game's compatibility.

Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, here's an interesting one.

Digimon World 2003. The European release.

When worked as a PSP-PS1 game, there's a game-breaking glitch where you enter a room, and the game hangs on a black screen. This same issue happens on the PS3 as well. (Ain't that strange?)

The only workarounds are
  • Use save-states and pray.
  • Attempt to open menu, and exit, after getting the black screen.
  • Use RetroArch on Vita ; no glitches and no slowdown (that I have noticed).

Although RetroArch seems to be the best way to play the game, I thought I'd mention it in this thread, at least for archival purposes / someone curious about the game's compatibility.
Yes, curious that the Japanese version which has the same content as the European one works very well the only differences are the languages and frequency NTSC 60Hz.

I made this version https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-9985464

with a workaround and as far as I tested it worked well, however the loadings and rendering of the scenario are slower, so I made a 60hz patch and the game is even too fast, and can be adjusted to the PSP/PSVita clock to improve, but scenery rendering is still slow. But it seems that at least the game does not crash as far as I went. I have already been confirmed with the completion of a version with the same modification.

But Retroarch is the best option for this game. Seems to go pretty well on the Vita.

EDIT:
It also seems that if you change to Japanese region with SetRegionGUI and use SLPS01724 together with POPsLoader versions 5.51, 5.50, 3.71 and 3.52 the game works fine, but I recommend trying this method in 5.50 + Fast loading mode enabled. For PSP users.

Last edited by The_Ho,

Dumbfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it was mentioned.
Treasure Planet (SCUS-94647)
Cutscenes are all glitchy.
The game seems alright.
I haven't tried anything. B-)

Attachments

• pic_0006.png
    pic_0006.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 44
  • pic_0007.png
    pic_0007.png
    98.7 KB · Views: 43

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't know if it was mentioned.
eTreasure Plant (SCUS-94647)
Cutscenes are all glitchy.
The game seems alright.
I haven't tried anything. B-)
Disney's Treasure Planet (USA)

>
Change to Japanese region with SetRegionGUI and use PSX2PSP for GAMEID: SLPM86500 compression 1.

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, curious that the Japanese version which has the same content as the European one works very well the only differences are the languages and frequency NTSC 60Hz.

I made this version https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-mode-to-fix-ps1-games-for-psp-and-psvita.607286/post-9985464

with a workaround and as far as I tested it worked well, however the loadings and rendering of the scenario are slower, so I made a 60hz patch and the game is even too fast, and can be adjusted to the PSP/PSVita clock to improve, but scenery rendering is still slow. But it seems that at least the game does not crash as far as I went. I have already been confirmed with the completion of a version with the same modification.

But Retroarch is the best option for this game. Seems to go pretty well on the Vita.

EDIT:
It also seems that if you change to Japanese region with SetRegionGUI and use SLPS01724 together with POPsLoader versions 5.51, 5.50, 3.71 and 3.52 the game works fine, but I recommend trying this method in 5.50 + Fast loading mode enabled. For PSP users.
it's there a way to have the japanese version with english subs? to take advantage of 60hz

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
it's there a way to have the japanese version with english subs? to take advantage of 60hz
Just translating the Japanese version from scratch using the European one as a base, or performing if possible an improvement on the US version by adding the missing content.

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just translating the Japanese version from scratch using the European one as a base, or performing if possible an improvement on the US version by adding the missing content.
in other words, a hackrom of the us version right? i hope someone one day do it like the first digimon world

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
in other words, a hackrom of the us version right? i hope someone one day do it like the first digimon world
Yes, maybe one day they will do it like they did in... Digimon 2 ??? ¬¬ lol... It would be so worth it. However, it would be for a very closed audience, since emulators and consoles can convert the PAL version at 60Hz and even play very well. So the audience that would most benefit from this would be us, the people who still enjoy the PSP and Vita with Adrenaline. I've thought several times about starting something about it.

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yes, maybe one day they will do it like they did in... Digimon 2 ??? ¬¬ lol... It would be so worth it. However, it would be for a very closed audience, since emulators and consoles can convert the PAL version at 60Hz and even play very well. So the audience that would most benefit from this would be us, the people who still enjoy the PSP and Vita with Adrenaline. I've thought several times about starting something about it.
but with the convertion the game still suffers from these 50hz, if you want to start something you have my support (even some donation), i really love dw2003

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is this patch available anywhere? I can only find suggestions to use the PAL version.
Use set region gui to change to Japanese region, then on PSX2PSP use GAME ID SLPS 01156.

In this way the game should work perfectly, additionally for some reason the game automatically configures itself in analog control and skips the intro when you start a new game, to solve these when you start a new game and it is loading, open the official settings and change the Control to digital mode, intro plays correctly, then game automatically reconfigures to analog mode.

By the way @The_Ho, Do you remember that I told you about the problems with the ps1 game called "Reboot"?, I just wanted to ask you if you have tried any fix for adrenaline?, because it doesn't work well on PCSX either.

Greetings and thanks.

trickytree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, Quack Attack working fine now.

The only one left of the games in this thread that I can't get to work is Psychic Detective. The fixed version on the romantic site crashes the PSP at the PlayStation logo. The PSX2PSP compatibility spreadsheet suggests using SetRegion to set Japanese, then build with SLPS-01222 Game ID, but that doesn't work either. The only success I've had is using Pops 3.02, but that doesn't support multi-disc.

fameloco

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi how do I download the Jackie Chan Stuntmaster ps1 game for my PSP, I believe it has been fixed, who can please PM me, really would be appreciate it greatly. Thanks

church_foster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Any one have fix for the slowdown and out of sync audio on Mega Man Legends 1? It is very laggy in apple market and the cutscenes audio not matching the video.

I tried the SetRegion to JP but the issues still persists. Could changing the GameID work?

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any one have fix for the slowdown and out of sync audio on Mega Man Legends 1? It is very laggy in apple market and the cutscenes audio not matching the video.

I tried the SetRegion to JP but the issues still persists. Could changing the GameID work?
Use Set Region for JP and convert to Eboot with compression 1 testing the GameIDs: SLPS01222 SLPS02180 SLES00972 SLPS01724 SLPS01156 See if any of them solve your problem.

Last edited by The_Ho,
Reactions: church_foster

church_foster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Use Set Region for JP and convert to Eboot with compression 1 testing the GameIDs: SLPS01222 SLPS02180 SLES00972 SLPS01724 SLPS01156 See if any of them solve your problem.
I'm not sure if im doing the SetRegion right because this game have 2 tracks bin. Track 1 goes thru, but Track 2 shows an error with SetRegion.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure if im doing the SetRegion right because this game have 2 tracks bin. Track 1 goes thru, but Track 2 shows an error with SetRegion.
You need to unite track 1 and 2 in a single bin file, use CDMage for that, after uniting apply SetRegion to JP and convert with PSX2PSP changing the GAMEID.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: With other peoples couches