Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

D

Deleted User

*cough* Emulation *cough* :creep:

For real, though. These newer titles look... interesting.
I'd imagine playing some certain Nintendo games would be hard on a PC because of motion controls and some of the other things that Nintendo does with their games + consoles.

I'm pretty excited for Arms, it looks really fun. 1-2-Switch looks interesting and I don't 100% mean that in a bad way.

Reactions: Kioku

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'd imagine playing some certain Nintendo games would be hard on a PC because of motion controls and some of the other things that Nintendo does with their games + consoles.

I'm pretty excited for Arms, it looks really fun. 1-2-Switch looks interesting and I don't 100% mean that in a bad way.

Looks like a drunk party game. I'm excited for what the switch will bring. Prices will drop. It's inevitable. However, I'm looking to jump on this as soon as possible. Skipped the WiiU.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Looks like a drunk party game. I'm excited for what the switch will bring. Prices will drop. It's inevitable. However, I'm looking to jump on this as soon as possible. Skipped the WiiU.
I would've pre-ordered if I already had all the money saved up. I was initially saving up for a Wii U so I could play GCN and Wii games in my room (our Wii never leaves the livingroom) and without having to worry about people possibly tampering with my saves, and there were some Wii U games that interested me too, but the Switch looks overall like it might be a better console, and we already know it's going to have Splatoon 2 and MK8D, both of which were games I was interested in on the Wii U and were part of why I actually wanted one in the first place.

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've pre-ordered if I already had all the money saved up. I was initially saving up for a Wii U so I could play GCN and Wii games in my room (our Wii never leaves the livingroom) and without having to worry about people possibly tampering with my saves, and there were some Wii U games that interested me too, but the Switch looks overall like it might be a better console, and we already know it's going to have Splatoon 2 and MK8D, both of which were games I was interested in on the Wii U and were part of why I actually wanted one in the first place.
Just so you know, now might be a good time to get a used wii u and hack it, as the homebrew scene is developing quickly and people will likely be selling their wii u after seeing the Switch.

D

Deleted User

Just so you know, now might be a good time to get a used wii u and hack it, as the homebrew scene is developing quickly and people will likely be selling their wii u after seeing the Switch.
I'd have to start saving up all over again, and it already took me quite a while to save up the money I already have, so I'd rather buy a Switch first since it's what I want more now.

Reactions: ItsKipz

wiewiec

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am confused since Ninty dosen't presented if console must have only one account, and to people like me if there will be option to "switch" the shop. I accidentally change to UK when Nintendo changes option of changing region when they implement the MiiVerrse to 3DS. So what they do for my problem?

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am really excited for it. Made sure to head up to my GameStop before it opened so I could guarantee myself a preorder. This will be my first major console that I'll buy with my own money, and I'm excited to be a part of the midnight release atmosphere when that comes

There's nothing I dislike about the Switch right now, and I hope it keeps my interest longer than my Wii U ever did

D

Deleted User

I am really excited for it. Made sure to head up to my GameStop before it opened so I could guarantee myself a preorder. This will be my first major console that I'll buy with my own money, and I'm excited to be a part of the midnight release atmosphere when that comes

There's nothing I dislike about the Switch right now, and I hope it keeps my interest longer than my Wii U ever did
Honestly my main two issues with it are the price and the payed online, the first likely won't be an issue after a while and the second is only something I'm worried about because I'm worried about how steep that price will be. If everything goes well, I might end up having no issues with it at all.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly my main two issues with it are the price and the payed online, the first likely won't be an issue after a while and the second is only something I'm worried about because I'm worried about how steep that price will be. If everything goes well, I might end up having no issues with it at all.
I don't have any issues with the price I suppose. I don't get too many hours at my job, and my paychecks aren't anything special, but I consider $300 pretty fair. If it ever goes down in price it is what it is. The way I see it, I'm paying the $300 to reserve a day one purchase so that's all right with me

Paid online also isn't an issue for right now at least...but considering it will eventually be another fee added on to what I already pay for my Xbox One's gold membership, then yeah, I guess it kind of sucks. I wouldn't have a reason to play online asap, and it's free until the Fall or something like that so I guess time will tell if my opinion changes

OliverWinstontin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Actually Skyward Sword for instance worked pretty well on a 360 controller with the motion mapped to an analogue stick. Looked pretty amazing as well.

D

Deleted User

Actually Skyward Sword for instance worked pretty well on a 360 controller with the motion mapped to an analogue stick. Looked pretty amazing as well.
Hey, that's pretty cool actually. Might try that sometime later on. I'd imagine other games still wouldn't do too well though, like Wii Sports, considering some things there are dependant on how hard you fling the Wiimote, like bowling.

I wonder what other games work well like that though...

OliverWinstontin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey, that's pretty cool actually. Might try that sometime later on. I'd imagine other games still wouldn't do too well though, like Wii Sports, considering some things there are dependant on how hard you fling the Wiimote, like bowling.

I wonder what other games work well like that though...
Pretty sure you can connect a Wiimote to a computer with a bluetooth adapter if I recall. Haven't really paid that much attention to that scene in a few years.

Sheikah Impa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, you can't justify the online service. The free games you get are only free for said month before you have to pay for it. (it isn't like xbox or psn where you own them for as long as you have the subscription or whatever.) I can't tell if they're being greedy, which I wouldn't be surprised by, or if they just don't care? I mean sure, I'm already paying 10 bux every month for psn. So what reason do I have to complain? I just don't think they've quite reached that point to where they can just ask cash for multiplayer. And even if that wasn't the case, the incentives they're giving is a rough shot to the nads. Maybe there will be a day when they just abandon it? I unno...Been wrong before.

D

Deleted User

Preordered :)
It'll have that Smash Director's Cut! Plus Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Metroid. Nuff said.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure you can connect a Wiimote to a computer with a bluetooth adapter if I recall. Haven't really paid that much attention to that scene in a few years.

Although I have PCs more than capable of running Dolphin I haven't found the need, but I was looking at it and you are correct Bluetooth and a wireless sensor bar should do the trick. I paid about $15 for one a few years ago.

Preordered :)
It'll have that Smash Director's Cut! Plus Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Metroid. Nuff said.

Do you have a source for that Smash? My google-fu isn't working on that one.

Last edited by thorasgar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system