Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

matthi321

Trophies
XP
Country
voted so-so will problaly pick it up used sometime in the future , unless ofcourse it will be a flop like the wiiu were they will be no games

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
The design and hardware is very innovative. However I see that graphics aren't much better than Wii U so I guess specs are still below 'normal' for current generation.

true, but Nintendo is not and has not always been about specs/graphics i believe?

it is about the games and the fun , plus We have the Ps4 for the hardcore/graphics stuff.
i love my ps4, and i also love my WiiU !

so i think the Switch will not be a let down, it is superior (if not far superior, but still superior) to WiiU and that is a very good point.

Reactions: Deleted User

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Nah - not getting it for at least another year.
Zelda I can get on the Wii U.
Mario I have zero interest in. I don't like the direction they took with it.
The rest is meh - the online component won't even be ready until later this year
The lack of a built-in Ethernet hurts it (requires an addon)
Pricing is a turn off also

So yeah - or no - not for me

Last edited by megabug7,

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In terms of games it really has nothing new that you can´t get anywhere else.
Handheld gaming is a passion of mine so I like the Switch but like the 3DS it will be worth it in the future when Nintendo start putting all their content focus on one platform.
It's price tag will only pull Nintendo fans in because in comparison you can get a freaking PS4 for the same price!
Its a great time to get a cheap second hand or discounted Wii U!

Alanturing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree about the pricing its too expensive for what its competing against, a similar priced tablet will do more than switch can ever can. The other big problem is how big smart phone gaming has become I think nintendo missed an opportunity to make a nintendo hybrid device that could not only be, say, a android device but also exclusively run nintendo software as well.

Sceptical about the joy con controllers, I wonder how many insertions there rated for. I guess we’ll see when the hardware gets realised i’d of much preferred built in buttons and a septate controller when used in tv mode.. The whole hand held bit is a gimmick, its just a tablet with tv connection features. Lets also not forget its short battery life and non replaceable battery.

Its a big risk nintendo a risk I think they’ve underestimated I cant see anyone not wanting a apple or android device over nintendo watered down switch. Im sure it will sell to nintendo fans like us, but nintendo cant survive just selling to us.

I hope it dose work out i’d hate see nintendo go.

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lets cut the sh!t in half and be honest here, i dont like to beat the bush and lie to myself, i did that with the wii, then wii u, not AGAIN. This gimmick is AGAIN weaker then its competitors, meaning you're again stuck with mario and his gang, 2 decent games a year and rest is gimmicks for the "whole family" no 3rd party games to play that ps4 and xbox have, you'll be bombarded for who know which time with re-milked nintendo classics...

so sorry nintendo, not good enough mate.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nintendo : just allow the battery from the switch unit to be removed...please.

Controllers are pricey..
Paid monthly online VC.. Well lets see how that turns out ( i would pay for it..)
But the console was pretty cool. Getting one at lauch day.

( :

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wii u should have been what the wii was
Now this shold have been what the wii u was.
The switch isn't giving me that great feeling of a console that's gonna be able to compete against its competition.
How is this machine gonna get other players to buy a system that has
•Inferior Specs
• Same old game ports
•Lack luster launch
•No VC transfer
• online service fees (all ready paying for xbone/P$4 service)
The pricing sounds good but you can find a ps4 + ps subscription + game for around the same price with 500gb of storage as oppose to 32gb. The joy con is expensive on its own and the procontroller is stupidly overpriced ( I think all controllers above 50 bucks is absurd)
I can't see a lot people who are gonna fork up 300+ to switch to this new system without feeling let down. I really hope this system is successful but I'm gonna be moving on to pc gaming soon so yeah. On the other hand homebrew would probably be amazing with this thing, please let the forms be flooded with switch related homebred and hacking, I stand the 1,000 3DS forums created a day.

Last edited by BlackWizzard17,

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Well Ill start saving for 2 additional controllers now. Its only 160$ pffffff try better nintendo I still have enough money to buy a loaf of bread and some water this month

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the console itself, a 300$ price for a newly released console + high quality tablet + all-in-one controller is fine.

I will reiterate what other uses said: why do people have no problems buying last gen phones for 500$ +, or a PS4/XB1 for 350$+, and yet they complain about Nintendo. To be honest, Nintendo always invests huge money in R&D and their hardware (console+controller) is always very robust that may last for years or decades, while a PSX console may last 1 or 2 years.

Morality of story: I wouldn't complain about the price, I just wish Nintendo good luck again exploiting their console to maximum and I am looking forward to see excellent AAA games released on the Switch.

Alanturing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monthly subscription vc is a interesting way to screw over people who bought vc games. i thought the nintendo account was meant to fix this what happened to parity across systems ? Mind, for the price nintendo was demanding for vc games maybe its a good thing considering how crappy their own internal emulators are.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm interested in online multiplayer VC titles - or rather- how well they're going to work. I'm also SUPER excited for Bomberman R. I preordered the console and Bomberman.

Oh yeah, Zelda is pretty cool too.

Reactions: Magnus87

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
monthly subscription vc is a interesting way to screw over people who bought vc games. i thought the nintendo account was meant to fix this what happened to parity across systems ? Mind, for the price nintendo was demanding for vc games maybe its a good thing considering how crappy their own internal emulators are.

The VC is a rental *so to speak* so it wouldn't really fuck people over.

And people seem to forget that crossbuy isn't exactly something on the PSN anymore with PS4.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
On the other hand, there are players who say it is not necessary to waste time and money on all of this stuff: HD rumbling? strange controllers? boring ARM game? is the tablet really necessary for hardcore gamers??

Nintendo could have cut a lot of costs and could have simply invested on more beautiful launch games and cutting-edge hardware for maximum performance (4k display, 8GB+ RAM...). Also a normal controller would suffice. The new controllers would look laughable on my big hands.

Gamers don't really care about those stuff. Personally I hook my console to my TV and I play after I return from work, I never play out in front of people. And if I wanted a tablet then I would simply use my android tablet no need for Nintendo to charge me high price for something I wouldn't use.

Last edited by depaul,

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah.. Nintendo should have never made D-Pads... After all, Joysticks were the thing!

Should have never made four 6 button controller, after all, 2 was enough.

Should have never done analog... after all D-Pads where enough!

Should have never done rumble, after all.. why would that be needed?

A wireless controller? That'll never do well, because infared sucks!

Motion controlls? Never ever take on.

Second screen? *companion apps out the ass*

Yeah.. they really should just be another top-box.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yeah.. Nintendo should have never made D-Pads... After all, Joysticks were the thing!

Should have never made four 6 button controller, after all, 2 was enough.

Should have never done analog... after all D-Pads where enough!

Should have never done rumble, after all.. why would that be needed?

A wireless controller? That'll never do well, because infared sucks!

Motion controlls? Never ever take on.

Second screen? *companion apps out the ass*

Yeah.. they really should just be another top-box.
I didn't say that. Completely unrelated to my message...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT