Poll: Your thoughts on the Switch

359211-switch-thoughts.png

As the day of the Nintendo Switch conference and hands-on impressions draws to a close and the beans have been thoroughly spilled, we want to ask you - what do you think?

What are your impressions on the overall unveiling of the Switch given the pricing, games and hardware capabilities? Will you be Switching? Perhaps you've already pre-ordered one.

Vote in the poll and let us know! And be sure to share your comments in the thread below.

:switch:

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see the Switch as the replacement for both 3DS and Wii U. They say it isn't, but this is expected as they shouldn't just publicly announce they are abandoning their current hardware. If this thing sells well, and I think it will, it will take the place of both.
When they announce Splatoon 2 for the Wii U I will believe it.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I want to get one but, what made me like nintendo over sony and microsoft was that online play was free but, now that nintendo is now subcumbing to pay to online like the competitors, I think I'll "switch" over to pc and play my games without paying for a service thank you...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If it gets hacked I will by one but there are no exclusives that will entice me at all into buying one.
yeah, with the downgraded nvidia tegra chip, I hope gamestreaming is the first homebrew implemented

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Meh. I feel everyone's just jumping on a hype train with the Switch, and that they're not seeing the fact Nintendo won't bother attempting to get hardcore gamers and teenagers back, hardware DOES matter and it will be outdated and irrelevant once the new PlayStation and Xbox systems are out.

It is already underpowered compared to PS4 and X1, it will have at max 1TFlop, while the PS4 has 1.8, the PS4 Pro has 4 TFlops and Xbox Scorpio will have 6 TFlops

Reactions: Touko White
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I like the fact that the Switch Tablet won't disrupt the gamer in that we're required to look at two screens like the WiiU demanded. Nice touch on that, Nintendo!

Think, with this said then in Mario Kart 8 the list of opponents will be on the TV screen as the Switch Tablet will be identical to the TV.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It is already underpowered compared to PS4 and X1, it will have at max 1TFlop, while the PS4 has 1.8, the PS4 Pro has 4 TFlops and Xbox Scorpio will have 6 TFlops
TBH it doesn't really matter since even Pro and Scorpio will be best played in 1080p60. That's a much bigger upgrade over PS4/XB1 than "upscaled" 4K, which isn't really 4K at all. At their respective prices, especially taking accessories/game prices into account, you'd get so much more value out of building a PC.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly