Hardware [Poll] Switch New 3DS XL for New 2DS XL (design)

Would you switch?

• Yes

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 37.3%
  • Both looks awesome

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Both loooks like sh*t

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • I want both

Votes: 16 21.3%
  • Dont really know

Votes: 4 5.3%

• Total voters

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would if it wasn't gonna be a pain in the ass to hack. It looks nice.

Luckily, I legally have 4 Swords, so maybe...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh

DAMN IT NOBODY GIVES A DAMN ABOUT AUSTRALIA
There's lots of Aussie members here, so watch out :wink:
IMG_2558.JPG

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I think by far it's the most comfortable 3ds model. The style isn't bad either.
What really impresses me about it visually is that, when open, it's all screen and it's light as a feather -- it almost feels hollow. It's a medium sized system with gigantic screens.

Another thing that some have mentioned is the position of the speakers. I tend to put my palms around the corners yet the sound holes still aren't completely obstructed and the sound gets through fine. You can also feel the sound vibrations which adds a cool pseudo-haptic feedback to it.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If Nintendo would sell again N3DS non XL in my country, i'll consider buying one.
Until then, n2DSXL is the cheapest solution.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think by far it's the most comfortable 3ds model. The style isn't bad either.
What really impresses me about it visually is that, when open, it's all screen and it's light as a feather -- it almost feels hollow. It's a medium sized system with gigantic screens.

Another thing that some have mentioned is the position of the speakers. I tend to put my palms around the corners yet the sound holes still aren't completely obstructed and the sound gets through fine. You can also feel the sound vibrations which adds a cool pseudo-haptic feedback to it.
I haven't compared it directly with other models in terms of the speakers but I think they have lost some volume. Can't be helped though, if they wanted to move stuff out of the top screen.

What I'm wondering is, how do you even open up the top screen? There are no screws on the inside, and the back won't slide off (the edges are curved so the bottom part near the hinge catches). I was thinking it would be a lot easier to do case swaps etc with it since there's a lot less "stuff" to force down the hinge slots.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I haven't compared it directly with other models in terms of the speakers but I think they have lost some volume. Can't be helped though, if they wanted to move stuff out of the top screen.

What I'm wondering is, how do you even open up the top screen? There are no screws on the inside, and the back won't slide off (the edges are curved so the bottom part near the hinge catches). I was thinking it would be a lot easier to do case swaps etc with it since there's a lot less "stuff" to force down the hinge slots.
I'm the wrong person to ask about that, lol. The only system I've taken apart is a 3dsXL for a hardmod and that experience terrified me.

Can't wait until someone hardware-oriented gets a hold of a new2ds and tears into it in the name of science and nice pictures.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I'm the wrong person to ask about that, lol. The only system I've taken apart is a 3dsXL for a hardmod and that experience terrified me.

Can't wait until someone hardware-oriented gets a hold of a new2ds and tears into it in the name of science and nice pictures.
I think we need to keep an eye on this page (it's only a stub so far): https://www.ifixit.com/Device/New_Nintendo_2DS_XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34