Votes: 195 57.7%
  • Slightly

Votes: 33 9.8%
  • I don't have switch

Votes: 96 28.4%

• Total voters
S

Saiyan Lusitano

lol it's way too glossy! i like the matte/dull look of the switch.
That never really bothered me too much about the WiiU GamePad as I always had a silicone case on it and still do, but now it's on its box. I've got a silicone case for the Switch but can't use it because the Switch doesn't fit with it on the dock.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That never really bothered me too much about the WiiU GamePad as I always had a silicone case on it and still do, but now it's on its box. I've got a silicone case for the Switch but can't use it because the Switch doesn't fit with it on the dock.

you boxed up your wii u and shelved it??

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one of my friends is slightly bent. got the pics to prove it. I told him he better finish zelda before getting it fixed. nintendo aint gonna transfer the save. He players in the dock mostly. I have to check mine. I have played a lot longer then him.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. Why?

i never understood the hate for the system. I owned the wii and it's a lot better than the wii. I own a pc and xbox 360...and have had more fun with the wii u in the last year and a half. The reason I'm gonna get a switch is bc I really like the wii u and the switch is just an evolution of the wii u concept.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

No games you want to play on it? I don't plan on even letting my Wii U get put away till Splatoon, MK, and Smash are on Switch. And besides that there are plenty of other games to play. Seeing how we can just, download games now.
I played the games I wanted and now I just don't fancy booting it up anymore or anything. Mario Kart 8 was the only game that kept me going back to the WiiU but now the Switch will have the definitive edition so there's absolutely no reason whatsoever for me now.

@Gadd I don't hate the system, it's just done for, for me.

Gadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that makes sense. i dont have a problem with wii u ports and tweaked releases. wii u sold so bad, these games are glnna be new to 70-80% of switch owners. easy money and lots of great titles

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Mine isn't warped (yet)
I have been playing it mostly docked and it gets really hot, when I take it out right after playing for a couple of hours docked it feels hot. Not uncomfortably hot, but close to it.
I can't see how it could get warped from normal use. Something would likely break before it got hot enough to warp the plastic AND the metal shield inside.
I could see it MAYBE happening from placing the Switch on a soft surface such as a bed, while powered on, as that would block the rear vents (I'm guilty of doing this a few times, as I didn't think of the rear vents and how it might overheat, no harm done though)
Or from placing it inside a cramped space without proper ventilation.
But from normal use? No way.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine isn't warped (yet)
I have been playing it mostly docked and it gets really hot, when I take it out right after playing for a couple of hours docked it feels hot. Not uncomfortably hot, but close to it.
I can't see how it could get warped from normal use. Something would likely break before it got hot enough to warp the plastic AND the metal shield inside.
I could see it MAYBE happening from placing the Switch on a soft surface such as a bed, while powered on, as that would block the rear vents (I'm guilty of doing this a few times, as I didn't think of the rear vents and how it might overheat, no harm done though)
Or from placing it inside a cramped space without proper ventilation.
But from normal use? No way.
From what I've heard from people I've asked. Some are slightly bent from being in a pocket. One was found bent "on his bed". Others are left near extreme heat or suffocated in some way. They are not just bending even slightly from use, it's from poor handle. Personally, my dock bends in a little bit just at the top and its not preventing the switch from going in but actually holding it steady. It does scuff my screen so I put protectors on it. Is my dock bent a defect? I have no idea and at this point I'm not worried, however there is no space for it to bend in the dock like that. I feel as though the dock would have to change shape with it, or it would need to be forced in if actually bent more than slightly.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
From what I've heard from people I've asked. Some are slightly bent from being in a pocket. One was found bent "on his bed". Others are left near extreme heat or suffocated in some way. They are not just bending even slightly from use, it's from poor handle. Personally, my dock bends in a little bit just at the top and its not preventing the switch from going in but actually holding it steady. It does scuff my screen so I put protectors on it. Is my dock bent a defect? I have no idea and at this point I'm not worried, however there is no space for it to bend in the dock like that. I feel as though the dock would have to change shape with it, or it would need to be forced in if actually bent more than slightly.
My dock is slightly bent too. It's hard to tell unless I look really closely. I don't consider it a problem. What concenrs me more is how wobbly the Switch is in the dock. I don't know if that's normal or not but every time I insert the JoyCons it wobbles around and removing them is actually a chore due to how much it wobbles, it makes it tricky.
I have a screen protector on my Switch as well, I put one on before putting it anywhere near the dock after hearing all the reports of the dock scratching the screen, but so far it hasn't even scuffed my screen. I've only put it in and taken it out 3-4 times though.
I heard of the Switch that was bent after it was left on the bed too. Don't know how the others happened, but as far as that one goes, I would like to know how it actually happened. He said he noticed it after it was left on the bed, which would be plausible except it was left in sleep mode. Makes me wonder how it actually happened.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dock is slightly bent too. It's hard to tell unless I look really closely. I don't consider it a problem. What concenrs me more is how wobbly the Switch is in the dock. I don't know if that's normal or not but every time I insert the JoyCons it wobbles around and removing them is actually a chore due to how much it wobbles, it makes it tricky.
I have a screen protector on my Switch as well, I put one on before putting it anywhere near the dock after hearing all the reports of the dock scratching the screen, but so far it hasn't even scuffed my screen. I've only put it in and taken it out 3-4 times though.
I heard of the Switch that was bent after it was left on the bed too. Don't know how the others happened, but as far as that one goes, I would like to know how it actually happened. He said he noticed it after it was left on the bed, which would be plausible except it was left in sleep mode. Makes me wonder how it actually happened.
Yea mine bends in not around. No wobble on the system when docked. I feel like this is how it should be. But to bend like these others my dock would literally have to melt and reshape itself to allow it.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had 2 switches at launch from different suppliers and both docks are angled in at the top. One of them was slightly bowed from end to end so I sent that one in for RMA and the new dock they sent me was no longer bowed but was still angled in a bit at the top same as every other dock I've seen. I'm leaning towards this being normal.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone probably sat on it.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't confirm but I think mine warp slightly or maybe it's just my brain fooling me since I've be seeing this kind of news online lately.

Personally I don't care and it doesn't bother me at all, fact is I don't know if it's slightly warped or not...it looks pretty much same as I got it from day one.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is no spoon Switch.

ezgif-3-7dc0732514.gif

Last edited by Mr. Wizard,

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had 2 switches at launch from different suppliers and both docks are angled in at the top. One of them was slightly bowed from end to end so I sent that one in for RMA and the new dock they sent me was no longer bowed but was still angled in a bit at the top same as every other dock I've seen. I'm leaning towards this being normal.

Good to know. So mine is normal then. I've considered cutting off the plastic from the Nintendo logo up to create more breathing. The switch wouldn't fall or anything but IDK. Maybe I could talk to a buddy about making it a stand and planting the dock PCB in it instead. But yea, seems normal.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Mine's also warped... a couple weeks ago was ok, i've been playing it 99% of the time docked.

Yesterday i pulled it out (Nintendo came to collect the joycons to repair the disconnect issues with both), left it in sleep mode on top of the bed for a couple hours, when i went to put it into the dock, it wouldn't slide in as usual, i had to force it down for it to sit.

I pulled it out and that's when i saw it, the back is arching outward, mainly the bottom part... sob! Now it wobbles when flat on the table...

I can only guess it's from the heat it generates, my dock is not warped... looks like i gonna have to call nintendo again!

If this is a recurring issue, i can see myself getting a new switch from nintendo every 2 months or so... and the summer heat din even start full strength here.

41ba405acff3ae38724e0bcee8356f9d.jpg
6a503019a5f8822f02289af29999696e.jpg

Last edited by Elusivo,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine's also warped... a couple weeks ago was ok, i've been playing it 99% of the time docked.

Yesterday i pulled it out (Nintendo came to collect the joycons to repair the disconnect issues with both), left it in sleep mode on top of the bed for a couple hours, when i went to put it into the dock, it wouldn't slide in as usual, i had to force it down for it to sit.

I pulled it out and that's when i saw it, the back is arching outward, mainly the bottom part... sob! Now it wobbles when flat on the table...

I can only guess it's from the heat it generates, my dock is not warped... looks like i gonna have to call nintendo again!

If this is a recurring issue, i can see myself getting a new switch from nintendo every 2 months or so... and the summer heat din even start full strength here.

41ba405acff3ae38724e0bcee8356f9d.jpg
6a503019a5f8822f02289af29999696e.jpg
That is kinda depressing. Even my phone dosn't warp like that, and it doesn't even have a cooler or fans...

Btw you should put those pics in a spoiler.

Last edited by DeslotlCL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: