OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi i have a problem,

my acekard 2i doesn't start pokemon platinum,
and with pkmn mystery dungeon the screen stays black after i pressed start, does it need a firmware update or am i doing something wrong?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Use AKAIO, the unofficial (but better) Firmware for the Acekard. You can download it here from GBAtemp, but make sure you get the repack or use the latest, or second latest (if you want the soft reset function to work) loaders.

Remember to format your your Micro SD with the Panasonic SD formatter first, after backing up all saves and other files you want to keep. Then copy the firmware across to your micro SD with your other ROMs, saves and other files and all your games should work perfectly.

If that sounded a little too badly worded, look at the sticky on the topof the Acekard sub-forum, there's a full guide on how to do all this - with videos.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, maybe i should update mines again. the soft reset doesnt seem to work anymore. how come you say to use the Panasonic SD formatter?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
xshinox said:
hmm, maybe i should update mines again. the soft reset doesnt seem to work anymore. how come you say to use the Panasonic SD formatter?
The latest loaders is the one with soft reset disabled, as I mentioned in the post above yours.

And the Panasonic formatter because it sorts out any problems, and doesn't screw things up like Windows formatter would.

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Duckthom said:
now it says(with akaio firmware) unsupported device
sorry i'm new to acekard my previous card was an r4

try backing up all your files. then use the panasonic microsd reformater. then install akaio

Duckthom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i have the newest loaders and firmware but i still can't play pokemon mystery dungeon(after pressing start screen stays black) and pokemon platinum(screen stays white)

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Duckthom said:
i have the newest loaders and firmware but i still can't play pokemon mystery dungeon(after pressing start screen stays black) and pokemon platinum(screen stays white)
Dude I don't know what you're doing, but you need to follow the tutorial stickied on this page to the exact letter. If you do, it will work.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't had any problems with my DS Lite and Acekard 2i and Pokemon Platinum on my A-data 4 GB SDHC cart.
smile.gif
I don't use the newest loaders. I use the 5/30 loaders and AKAIO with the DLDI from the Acekard 4.17 software. The newest loaders have a soft-reset issue and the AKAIO DLDI has problems patching some homebrew. At least that's what i read from Another-world's posts.

Sidenote: ShatteredScreens, does your EZFlash 3-in-1 Plus work with your Acekard 2i w/ AKAIO? How well? And where did you get yours?

Duckthom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i formatted my sd card with panasonic program.
then i placed AKAIO 1.4.1.PROPER_repack 5 4 09 (the __aio and ak4menu.nds) on my sd.
then i placed the newest loaders in the map loaders
then i placed my games in the games folder
but my card still says: unsupported device

Everything was from gbatemp.net
but the panasonic formatter was from panasonic website

the text in the vid in dutch because i am dutch but for some reason ther isnt a ducth flag under my member no.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, Dutch. Maybe you shouldn't have your flag as an American one, then perhaps we can help you?

Let me just find some links, I'll be back shortly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc