Hacking Pokémon X/Y Dumper and Editor

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wow, that method of the video sounds really complicated, I mean, what are the filters even for?

Don't worry it's much less complicated than this conversation is making it out to be.

If you've had a look at any PKX files, you already know how to sniff them.

He's basically showing how to use Wireshark to sniff packets. He specifically used incoming packets to the Mac address of his 3ds as his filter, which is why he can only see the incoming Pokemon - this is what was confusing people.

The only really interesting part is that he's using a virtual Wifi setup, something that was mentioned couldn't be used to sniff packets.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Trust me it's not all that hard. Wireshark can use filters so you only see the packets you want. Bin.len >= 900 will only show packets with a length greater than 900 so it's easy to find the data you need.

Why don't you just sort the data by length? Seriously...

Don't worry it's much less complicated than this conversation is making it out to be.

If you've had a look at any PKX files, you already know how to sniff them.

He's basically showing how to use Wireshark to sniff packets. He specifically used incoming packets to the Mac address of his 3ds as his filter, which is why he can only see the incoming Pokemon - this is what was confusing people.

The only really interesting part is that he's using a virtual Wifi setup, something that was mentioned couldn't be used to sniff packets.

What? Where's that mentioned? Did I write something wrong? The Automatic Pokemon Dumper app is the one that can't use a virtual hotspot. Below that method, you can read the instructions to do the same thing using Wireshark.

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What? Where's that mentioned? Did I write something wrong? The Automatic Pokemon Dumper app is the one that can't use a virtual hotspot. Below that method, you can read the instructions to do the same thing using Wireshark.

Oh so it was the dump app that wasn't compatible with virtual hotspot, my bad for the confusion on that one. Carry on everyone.

ness151

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it directly set up, and was able to get in.bin and out.bin. Thanks again guys. I'm not sure why I wasn't able to set it up this morning, but now everything is fine. Thanks again.

Bobsplosion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's why I stated that there's not a current public method for that. They know how this can be done but they won't speak. At least they were generous enough to release the encrypter/decrypter code.
What possible downside could there be? Nintendo patching it?

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
What possible downside could there be? Nintendo patching it?

I presume it's got something to do with wanting to get Pokecheck up-to-date with all the correct values and making sure that everything can be reproduced reliably without any hiccups - you can bet once this goes public there's going to be a lot of silly people trying to flood the economy with incorrectly edited PKX's, illegal Pokemon and legendaries that aren't out yet...

It'd be a bit of a shame for the only method they've got working to be blocked / patched because they can't guarantee people won't go overboard with it.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they could write a closed source version of pokegen for XY that forces created pokemon to be legit (and offer an autocorrect to the nearest legit viable one).
I mean it wouldn't be easy but it would get the job done. And closed source means people can't remove the check.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Be careful when you guys wonder trade. I have a friend that just got a hoopa from WT.
Also, a few bad eggs have appeared in WT as well. Not hatching at all and apparently fucking up the PC boxes as well.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Be careful when you guys wonder trade. I have a friend that just got a hoopa from WT.
Also, a few bad eggs have appeared in WT as well. Not hatching at all and apparently fucking up the PC boxes as well.

Really? ha, so somebody, somewhere successfully injected some Pokemons (or altered them via in game). Do you have proof of this?

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Really? ha, so somebody, somewhere successfully injected some Pokemons (or altered them via in game). Do you have proof of this?

We already know that the guy with the cracked 3ds who was editing encounter data was seeing these mons' so it could be someone doing something along the same lines as him =/

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
We already know that the guy with the cracked 3ds who was editing encounter data was seeing these mons' so it could be someone doing something along the same lines as him =/

I'm surprised that Game Fail Freak didn't implement filters on Wondertrade. How can you get bad eggs from a Wondertrade? I remember a guy who got a bad egg much before this information came out to the public.

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment I'm trying to get my 3DS connected to my USB Wireless Adapter. I downloaded the Virtual Router Plus so it could connect but when trying to connect my 3DS to it, I'm not able to connect to the internet with it. My computer says the virtual router is connected to the internet and it is getting in/outbound packets.

Caius Gray

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm surprised that Game Fail Freak didn't implement filters on Wondertrade. How can you get bad eggs from a Wondertrade? I remember a guy who got a bad egg much before this information came out to the public.

The bad egg (as in the apparently multiplying virus egg) has been around for a while, long before PP etc began messing around with Wonder Trade.

The original video here was encountered by a guy who hadn't breeded or used the Wonder Trade at all.

I'm thinking it's probably something along the line of the Luminos save glitch. A terrible glitch, but a pretty isolated one that no1 has reliably linked to Wonder Trading yet - even though there's some pretty destructive rumors floating around telling people to avoid trading altogether...

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
At the moment I'm trying to get my 3DS connected to my USB Wireless Adapter. I downloaded the Virtual Router Plus so it could connect but when trying to connect my 3DS to it, I'm not able to connect to the internet with it. My computer says the virtual router is connected to the internet and it is getting in/outbound packets.

Make sure you selected the right card on the "Shared Connection" option. Also verify that your USB WIFI is not connected to any Network.

Kaysick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I got it! Just had to unplug the wired connection on my computer. Now to actually try this thing. Hopefully another breakthrough of all this happens sometime soon :D

D

Deleted-236924

they could write a closed source version of pokegen for XY that forces created pokemon to be legit (and offer an autocorrect to the nearest legit viable one).
I mean it wouldn't be easy but it would get the job done. And closed source means people can't remove the check.

Kinda like what Enciclopedia Pokemon for Gen. III does.

Pics/Vids or it didn't happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...