Hacking Pokemon X savegame backup

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
So it might be possible to use the save of my card if you backup it first?
If you dump the card it will erase the savegame.
no, if your save was made using a genuinely updated console, there is currently no way to make the save work with gateway

you can still dump it, but you will have to start over.....it won't delete the save though

Reactions: DragonSky

thebib62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently, to get the save from pokemon, we have to dump the whole rom.
i don't think the nds adapter things dump the rom.

How can you load that save file back onto a retail cartidge version of the game?
Let's say I had a friend who also had Pokemon X, and wanted the identical game save as mine, is that possible?

DragonSky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How can you load that save file back onto a retail cartidge version of the game?
Let's say I had a friend who also had Pokemon X, and wanted the identical game save as mine, is that possible?
Like gamequest said not possible.
Well I guess I'll transfer the pokés to OmegaRuby.

thebib62

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are services online that offer to unlock the game completely with all 700+ pokemon.
That has to be just a save file, that they are loading onto the game cart. I'm not sure how though. :(

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
There are services online that offer to unlock the game completely with all 700+ pokemon.
That has to be just a save file, that they are loading onto the game cart. I'm not sure how though. :(
i would think they would just use the powersaves device and cheat on your game and then send it back.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh, i think with the ammount they are selling its someone who has access to not so public methods, transferrring them all would be pretty tedious as would using powersaves.........especially considering they sell the carts barely over usual resale value, i would guess its someon with access to datels stuff or someone with access to hacks that arent public

if its really someone transfering them all over manually they really musn't value their time very much

dakit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the game of a retail pokemon cart was started in emunand, is it possible to continue playing the save on a legit 3ds (in other words, switching between a non-gateway and a gateway console)?

Or is that not possible?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the game of a retail pokemon cart was started in emunand, is it possible to continue playing the save on a legit 3ds (in other words, switching between a non-gateway and a gateway console)?

Or is that not possible?
nope, if it was played in emunand it will not be compatible with a properly updated console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m