Pokemon X currupted save data after header change

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gh0sti, May 11, 2014.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    so i change the header on pokemon X using the public MGS3 header
    Im ok losing the save file but the rom is stuck on game data currupt

where is the save file so i can delete it and start over?

2. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Yes that was what I was trying to explain in the online thread, somewhere not to you but don't use a different region header with a different region rom, it will corrupt the save everytime you change it. Get your own 4GB header and stick with it make sure its the same region as the roms you are using and just hex the header for Animal Crossing & Pokemon X/Y :) You are using a Jap header with a USA Pokemon X Dump, that's if you got the MGS Jap header of the online thread and you are using a Pokemon X USA dump?.

3. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    If you are asking how to get past the screen that says your save is corrupt and you want to delete the file to start over, hold up X and B on that screen (iirc.) That will ask if you want to delete the save and the game will start back up like it did the first time you used it.

4. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    I use a 4GB UK header with a Euro version of Pokemon X & Y with this line of code in it:- C2 F8 00 98 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF they both run perfect no problems. Worse comes to worse just grab a euro version of Pokemon X or Y and grab a 2GB + euro header of the online thread and change the values and away you should go. Just make sure your roms are good and not at fault here.

5. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    But you still lost your previous save game created with the 3ds rom right?

6. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Yes but luckely I had not played Pokemon X/Y very much so it was not much of a concern to me.

7. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Which leads us back to the OP's original question, how do you get past the "you're save is corrupt" screen to delete the save?

Answer: hold up, B, and X at that screen

8. Reecey

Mar 7, 2010
    Don't know about that, my first go at Pokemon X had a corrupt save the same but that was because the header was not hexed valued properly, soon as I corrected it rite it worked first time for me.

9. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    ok by the way thanks for the quick action to delete the save file (MGS) Im ok with losing the save file however that header I used didnt help me get online, is there any public header I can use to get online with pokemon X and Y?

10. adragon123
    This message by adragon123 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Aug 16, 2014, Reason: Look at the date of the previous post. This thread is OLD -rp.
    Aug 15, 2014