Pokemon X and Y announced for 3ds

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
From the trailer, I think the overworld graphics could be better, the characters at least. but the battles are looking awesome.
starters, once again, looks... eh... I'll be using the fire starter again like always

lewyp1

The Greatest Evil Genius/Mad Scientist in history.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
34erxwn.png

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reveal a new Pokemon: "Why didn't they just remake __/__?!"
Reveal a remake: "Another remake? It's like they're too lazy to even rehash now."
Every main series Pokemon reveal ever.

Now that it's full 3D I hope they add a few things that are easier due to it.
Like if the full mirror shot of your character at the start is a hint at character customization it would be great.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Since this is on the 3DS, I wonder if we're going to get a Poketard Flood asking for working roms and emulators. That would be hilarious.
Oh. We will definitely get those, regardless of whether the 3DS is piracy-enabled or otherwise. And it won't really be half as funny after the first 778163256464526547472 threads. TT^TT

Reactions: Black-Ice

xen20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
:O
They made it like that so my girlfriend can get into other genres of gaming (she's a huge pokemon lover, and it's hard to get her to play anything else :P )
I like it. And I'll have her playing SMT games soon enough :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
[removal of random battles in place of "enemy icons"]
NO, if this happened, then the zubats would have no purpose, since you can run from then in a cave

Nothing stopping certain enemies from not falling into that, however every game I have ever encountered has been improved immensely by the removal of random battles and introduction of "optional" ones.
*pours beer on the ground in memory of the Grandia series*

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing that would make this game the best thing ever would:
-Be a MMO
- You actualy see the pokemon in the grass, so you can avoid or can go to the wanted pokemon
- Fix the Breeding Bugs
- Scither, charizard and every single pokemon with wings now can fly!
- You can ride your pokemons outside battles
- You can fly anywhere with your pokemons (flyf feelings)

I don't honestly think pokemon would work as an mmo, at least not in its current form.
Also Charizard can learn fly and the whole Scyther can't fly thing is for balance reasons. As fun as things like that would be they have a metagame to keep balanced.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NO, if this happened, then the zubats would have no purpose, since you can run from then in a cave
Caves followed different rules anyway. (Entire floor had encounters instead of just patches of grass). They could keep Zubats/annoyance Pokemon random encounters for areas like that.

ookamiyoh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't honestly think pokemon would work as an mmo, at least not in its current form.
Also Charizard can learn fly and the whole Scyther can't fly thing is for balance reasons. As fun as things like that would be they have a metagame to keep balanced.
Sorry, last time i got Charizard i played Red/Blue and when i learned it couldn't fly i never got him again.

POkemon could "evolve" to an mmo though.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trailer says "breath taking 3D world".

All I see is something that looks somewhat a bit better than DQM: Joker 2 on the DS, looks like the backgrounds are fixed as usual so not really true 3D. Kinda low grade to me and I'm sure the 3DS could do better than that. I guess swinging on ropes is an improvement, you know if this was 1998.

Looks like another meh+ Pokemon game, to me Pokemon has gone from being a premier series to "Will this do? Oh who cares, the kids and Pokefags will buy two copies!".

Osha

Weh
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Probably the first time I like all the starters. I also like the cel-shaded style they gave to everything. Can't wait until October, the wait is gonna be looooong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol