Pokemon White WiFi problems

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Xarsah16, Mar 10, 2011.

Mar 10, 2011

Pokemon White WiFi problems by Xarsah16 at 10:23 AM (4,332 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Please don't flame me - I know I'm a noob and I don't know everything, all I'd like is some kind assistance [​IMG]

Trying to set up wifi on Pokemon White. Can't get it to work for the life of me.

Details: Pokemon White. I'm on a Nintendo DSi, using the Polesmokers ROM rip (DSI #0131), unpatched, soft reset disabled, ap disabled, with my Acekard2i and the newest 1.8.6a firmware. Yes, the exp function works fine and the game seems to function properly.

I am connected to the asu3 network at Arizona State University, which is a wireless, unsecured network that requires my school ID and password through website input to gain access to the network. I am validated - I have successfully connected through Connection #4 in the advanced settings of the DSi settings. This unsecured network for some reason does not show up under Internet Connections 1-3. When I search for the asu3 connection in #1-3., the DSi cannot find that access point.

When trying to connect with C-gear in game I get on the screen two green bars of wifi signal, and then when I try to connect online I get "No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com Error code 51099". and at that point it has already changed to red with no bars.

Please provide if possible step by step for what I must do so I can follow it clearly.

Also, if someone is familiar with the Connectify software which has connected DSi's to the internet before, that's also an option to use. The problem I'm having with that, however is the DSi will not at all recognize the WPA2-PSK wifi hotspot created by my computer in that case.

Thanks so much!! [​IMG]

I'll be getting a retail copy when I come home for Spring Break, so if I can't connect my ROM due to technological limitations its not the end of the world.

2. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

This is because ak2i does not work in DSi mode and hence doesn't support tough encryption.

3. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Would it at least work with the retail copy or am I just screwed then?

4. Zorua

Zorua Newbie

Yes, it'll work with the retail copy because it runs in DSi mode.