Pokémon White save corrupted?

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, my Pokémon game save is corrupted, let me explain.
Today i wanted to add 999 Rare Candies (don't ask why lol) to my items with PKHeX, i did it, i put the edited save in the cartridge with Checkpoint on my 3DS and then i start the game on my DSi XL.
Everything goes fine when i start it, i skip the Pokémon start scene and then i start my save.
When i started my save there was only a black screen, only black screen, but there was the Pokémon Center music playing, even if the game told me i was in Opelucid City at the start.
I may think i'm in the void but there wasn't my character so i don't know.
I can tell the exact coordinates to where i am and i can send the save file, can someone help me please?

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from "you should always keep a backup before editing your savefile(the option is in PKHeX too".. Since when does Checkpoint can read/backup/restore saves of DS games? and
To do that to a cartridge in this case.

Last edited by CoolMe,

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apart from "you should always keep a backup before editing your savefile(the option is in PKHeX too".. Since when does Checkpoint can read/backup/restore saves of DS games? and
To do that to a cartridge in this.
I have lots of old backups and i have also a recent backup and Checkpoint can read DS cartridges, in fact when i open Checkpoint my Pokémon white cartridge pops up with all the backups and everything.
Also, i tried to restore the game with the old backup but it seems not to work because it says that it's corrupted and it automatically deletes the save in the cartridge.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have lots of old backups and i have also a recent backup and Checkpoint can read DS cartridges, in fact when i open Checkpoint my Pokémon white cartridge pops up with all the backups and everything.
Also, i tried to restore the game with the old backup but it seems not to work because it says that it's corrupted and it automatically deletes the save in the cartridge.
Didn't know that.. Hey if that's the case, you should check the checksum of the save again in PKHeX, if it doesn't come up corrupted then it's probably a bug (that impacts DS games to some extent) within Checkpoint.
Try and load the save in Twilightmenu (either on DSi or 3DS) just for testing sake, and see it it loads normally.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't know that.. Hey if that's the case, you should check the checksum of the save again in PKHeX, if it doesn't come up corrupted then it's probably a bug (that impacts DS games to some extent) within Checkpoint.
Try and load the save in Twilightmenu (either on DSi or 3DS) just for testing sake.
I will try that, thanks.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try and load the save in Twilightmenu (either on DSi or 3DS) just for testing sake, and see it it loads normally.
PKHeX says the Checksums are valid, so i'll try loading it in TwiLightMenu

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried loading the cartridge with the save on TwilightMenu and it was the same with black screen, then i tried to load a .NDS rom of Pokémon White with the save of the cartridge and it was the same with completely black screen.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried loading the cartridge with the save on TwilightMenu and it was the same with black screen, then i tried to load a .NDS rom of Pokémon White with the save of the cartridge and it was the same with completely black screen.
Make sure the save is named like the nds file and is in the saves folder.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, before putting the save i renamed it like the NDS ROM's name and in fact the save was detected but when i started it there was completely black screen.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, before putting the 999 Rare Candies in the Items section in PKHeX, when i clicked "Items" it said that three unknown items were removed, and these were the Mega Pendant,Upgrade and Unown Report.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw, before putting the 999 Rare Candies in the Items section in PKHeX, when i clicked "Items" it said that three unknown items were removed, and these were the Mega Pendant,Upgrade and Unown Report.
Mega Pendant in Gen V? It doesn't exist in Gen V that's why it said "unknown", add them back minus the pendant (though it shouldn't be what's causing this problem), but it's worth a try.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega Pendant in Gen V? It doesn't exist in Gen V that's why it said "unknown", add them back minus the pendant (though it shouldn't be what's causing this problem), but it's worth a try.
Okay, i will try readding them.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that the original save (the one that isn't edited with the 999 Rare Candies) have some errors, i did the Checksums and this is what i found:
Invalid: 19 @ Region 18400
Invalid: 1D @ Region 19600
Invalid: 1E @ Region 1AA00
Invalid: 1F @ Region 1B200
Invalid: 21 @ Region 1C100
Invalid: 24 @ Region 1D500
Invalid: 29 @ Region 1E200
Invalid: 2A @ Region 1F700
Invalid: 2B @ Region 1FA00
Invalid: 2C @ Region 1FD00
Invalid: 2D @ Region 20100
Invalid: 2E @ Region 20500
Invalid: 2F @ Region 20600
Invalid: 30 @ Region 20900
Invalid: 37 @ Region 21600
Invalid: 3B @ Region 21F00
SAV: 54/70

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found out that the original save (the one that isn't edited with the 999 Rare Candies) have some errors, i did the Checksums and this is what i found:
Invalid: 19 @ Region 18400
Invalid: 1D @ Region 19600
Invalid: 1E @ Region 1AA00
Invalid: 1F @ Region 1B200
Invalid: 21 @ Region 1C100
Invalid: 24 @ Region 1D500
Invalid: 29 @ Region 1E200
Invalid: 2A @ Region 1F700
Invalid: 2B @ Region 1FA00
Invalid: 2C @ Region 1FD00
Invalid: 2D @ Region 20100
Invalid: 2E @ Region 20500
Invalid: 2F @ Region 20600
Invalid: 30 @ Region 20900
Invalid: 37 @ Region 21600
Invalid: 3B @ Region 21F00
SAV: 54/70
Hmm.. Could be the other items you mentioned above along with some others, and i don't know how did you get the Mega Pendant to register there... See if this original save boots or not. It'll be hella weird if it does. 🤷🏻‍♂️

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. Could be the other items you mentioned above along with some others, and i don't know how did you get the Mega Pendant to register there... See if this original save boots or not. It'll be hella weird if it does. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I think i already tried it before and it said that the save was corrupted and it automatically deleted it.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i already tried it before and it said that the save was corrupted and it automatically deleted it.
I would suggest if you have another backup to just transfer the Pokemon to it as it's pretty easy (if you're just completing the Dex and have completed the story), and avoid this hassle.
Or, you can try and search through the items and delete anything that doesn't belong there, and search through other settings in PKHeX and get rid if anything that looks slightly off. Gen IV had the ability to store a recovery save, say if the main one got corrupted it can revert back to the previous save, don't know if Gen V has it.
Other than that i don't know what's causing this.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest if you have another backup to just transfer the Pokemon to it as it's pretty easy (if you're just completing the Dex and have completed the story), and avoid this hassle.
Or, you can try and search through the items and delete anything that doesn't belong there, and search through other settings in PKHeX and get rid if anything that looks slightly off. Gen IV had the ability to store a recovery save, say if the main one got corrupted it can revert back to the previous save, don't know if Gen V has it.
I have an idea, i will create another save and i will put all the things in the old save in the new save, atleast i don't loose all the things i did in the old save.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That idea i had didn't go well so i restored to old backups
bruh

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That idea i had didn't go well so i restored to old backups
bruh
Why? Pokemon and items are easily transferable with any save and there shouldn't be any issues regarding that.
atleast i don't loose all the things i did in the old save.
You will not lose anything as long as you don't save in PKHeX.

zDaniel__

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Pokemon and items are easily transferable with any save and there shouldn't be any issues regarding that.

You will not lose anything as long as you don't save in PKHeX.
It didn't go well because i used the oldest save i had and i had to put also the badges and all and when i started the game it was glitched as hell, i didn't have the Pokémon, Pokédex section in the X menu and i didn't have the C-Gear, and the badges menu wasn't really good, the badges were glitched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun