Pokemon White Editing

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheDreamLord, Jun 25, 2011.

Jun 25, 2011

Pokemon White Editing by TheDreamLord at 11:40 AM (1,697 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. TheDreamLord
    OP

Member TheDreamLord GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Ireland
    Hello,
    Im making a pokemon white rom hack and ive managed to edit text so so far so good...
    But editing other things like mugshots, OW and all that rly are pissing me off....I've no idea what the hell I'm doing.
    I'm using kazowars tools, I'm following many tutorials but none of them give me the slightest help
    Hope i get some help [​IMG]

2. Krotar

Newcomer Krotar Newbie

United States
    Well isn't this convenient? Swapping sprites with Kazo's tools is just about the ONLY thing I can do when it comes to ROM hacking! (Warning: I'll probably end up explaining a bunch of stuff you already know. Sorry in advance.)

EDIT: Woah, this post looks big and cluttered! Lemme just put the diffent sections in spoilers to clean things up a bit.

Setting up:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Working BWOE (overworld sprites):

Working BWSE (Trainer Front/Back sprites):

3. andibad

Member andibad Soon™

Indonesia
    i added some important : (is same on trainer backsprite / frontsprite / pokemon sprite (both) / sprite compressed with type 0x 11 , with animate except for some sprite is using nscr and nsbm is not compressed i think)

ncgr and nanr format is always compressed , and is used compressed 0x11.
    you can see in first byte is 11 , is mean is used 0x11, 4 byte after 0x11 is just header for stucture that file ~

ncgr, ncer, nanr, nmcr, nmar, no extension because is script for animate these sprite, and the last file is nclr.

is can help you for indicate manual on some format~

remember is have limited to editing these sprite~