Pokemon White & Black Fully functional Tutorial.

UPDATE: INDEED, The US GAMES WORK, BUT YOU HAVE TO PATCH IT DIFFERENTLY, ONCE PATCHED JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS IF THEY WHERE THE JP VERSIONS.

OK, for the past two days people been struggling for making Pokemon White/Back functional on their R4 SDHC.
Today, with a special thanks to Aurionfox, and anyone else who contribited to this finding, i will be posting this tutorial with the means of helping those who haven't had any luck booting eather Pokemon White/Black on their R4 SDHC.

First of all *links to ROMS are not allowed* so don't ask.

Things you will need
1.- Pokemon Black/White rom. (Don't ask, Google is your friend).
2.- Rudolph patch for the freezes.
3.- Lunar Ips for Exp fix.
4.- Desmume emulator.
5.- PC and R4SDHC.
6.- Official kernel 1.34
7.- microSD (2g recommended) (Anything greater than 2g gave me problems, feel free to try)

First this works with a R4SDHC, but if you have another one feel free to try it. (R4SDHC Only tested)

Download bellow (it has everything you need)

1.- Get a clean pokemon white or black rom (Dont't ask)
1.jpg

2.- Extract the contents of Pokemon Fix R4SDHC and First use the *Patch Black Fix* or *Patch White Fix* this is for Freezes. (included on Download link)
2.jpg
3.jpg

Patch the version you want using the corresponding Patch.(In this case pokemon Black)
4.jpg

3.- Now use the IPS patcher for the Experience AP (Included on Download link)
5.jpg
6.jpg

Use the correct IPS patcher corresponding on your version (In this case Pokemon Black)
7.jpg

4.- Once patched start the games using Desmume emulator, Start the Patched rom you created and save before you get your PKMN, Once you save you can close the emulator.
8.jpg

5.- Copy everything that is on The *SD* folder to the root of your microSD.
9.jpg

6.- Copy your patched rom to your microSD.

7.- Start your DS
10.jpg

8.- Boot WAIO.NDS
11.jpg

9.- Press (B) and find then Boot woodr4dldi.nds
12.jpg
13.jpg

10.- Once that is finish, find your rom, press (Y) then (Y) again.
14.jpg
15.jpg

11.- Press ® and make sure Cheat In Game(AR) is off and Reset In Game Off, Then press (A) to save, then(A) again.
16.jpg

12.- Boot your rom, it should freeze with two white screens.
17.jpg

13.- Turn off your DS. Then ON again and boot WAIO.NDS then woodr4dldi.nds again.
10.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg

14.- Find your rom again, press (Y) again, then (Y) again, but this time change your save type to 512kb. Then press (A) to save.
14.jpg
15.jpg
18.jpg

15.- Boot your rom, this time it will work. Play a little bit and then save. If you boot your rom again and try to load it will erase your save file. (a blue screen with letters will show). If that shows you did it right.
19.jpg
20.jpg

16.- Now Go on your PC and connect yor microSD and find your save and erase it.

17.- Now find your RAM folder in the emulator, it should have a *ROMNAME*.dsv
21.jpg
22.jpg

18.- Now copy *ROMNAME*.dsv to the same folder you have your room on your microSD and change the file extension from .dsv to .sav
23.jpg

If for some reason when you load the .sav file on your R4 SDHC and it gives you a black screen, try using R4 Save Converter.
24.jpg

Or try this save and see if it works for you. Created by Aurionfox.
QUOTE said:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/sGNdEN2

19.- Now Boot WAIO.NDS, Then woodr4dldi.nds and find your rom.
10.jpg
11.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg

20.- Press (Y) twice and change the save type from 512kb back to *unknown/auto* then press (A) to save.
14.jpg
18.jpg
15.jpg

And if that doesn't work try putting 64M instead of auto/uknown. Some people claimed it worked for them.

If you did it right, it should boot and you will be able to save, gain EXP and no freezes. Enjoy
25.jpg
26.jpg

Sorry for my bad spelling, am from Mexico.

Kudos to:
Aurionfox
abel009
And anyone else who helped.

Copyright to everyone who make this possible
QUOTE said:
Working:
R4SDHC
N5
R4-III Upgrade

*NOTE*Note to anyone finding their character frozen when loading their save: When loading your game you'll be asked a question, select the bottom answer and then the first one. This turns off the C-Gear, if it's on you'll be unable to move.
Example:
Press No, then yes.
27.jpg
28.jpg

*NOTE*
This is what am using it a R4 SDHC. Here are some images so you guys can see it.
29.jpg
30.jpg

EDIT
I got Bored of the games all ready they are to short after beating the elite4

axelmar2002

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
bluelaserman said:
axelmar2002 said:
what are the controls for dsemume, it's not in english, can't figure it out damn

Press Config on the Top Bar/Panel, then Press the 3rd Down the list
Its the buttons.

I've got a R4-III and I followed the whole guide at the first post, it's working (I think, I'm gonna wait for English version to really play the game, I just wanted a sneak peek)
Great work guys, when you actually FOLLOW the guide, it's pretty easy to make it work
(BTW, Beside the WAIO and WoodR4dldi do I need to keep all the other boot files like Woodr4, AK21 and etc? They are just making my firmware navigation harder, If I can remove innecesary stuff, please tell me, anyway, seems solid solution to me)

junior600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
axelmar2002 said:
bluelaserman said:
axelmar2002 said:
what are the controls for dsemume, it's not in english, can't figure it out damn

Press Config on the Top Bar/Panel, then Press the 3rd Down the list
Its the buttons.

I've got a R4-III and I followed the whole guide at the first post, it's working (I think, I'm gonna wait for English version to really play the game, I just wanted a sneak peek)
Great work guys, when you actually FOLLOW the guide, it's pretty easy to make it work
(BTW, Beside the WAIO and WoodR4dldi do I need to keep all the other boot files like Woodr4, AK21 and etc? They are just making my firmware navigation harder, If I can remove innecesary stuff, please tell me, anyway, seems solid solution to me)
what kernel do you use for your r4? sorry for my english

watertrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey, I really need help and I haven't been able to find answers to this problem.

I downloaded Pokemon Black (several times), I have No$GBA 2.6a and DeSmuMe, I've patched the Rom and set the emulators to the right settings, but this is what happens.

I open the emulator, (I heard No$GBA doesn't work, though I have tried it and it does this thing, I use DeSmuMe)
Find the Pokemon Black Rom (b-pokemon.nds)
I click it, and as soon as I click it, it goes straight to the emulator, but its completely frozen, I mean COMPLETELY frozen, no screens, no toolbar, no black screen, no blue screen, just complete white!!!, just nothing!,
I can't close it or go when I go into the process tab to shut it down, it won't close it at all, so I always end up having to restart my computer...

I just wanna know, is it the Rom? the Emulator? is it my computer? or what???

I really hope someone can help me with this
smile.gif

KaedeRukawa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WillySH43 said:
OMG ! This is awesome ! Work on my R4 III ! So happy
biggrin.gif

Really thanks to you
smile.gif

Can u help me? i cant work it in my R4 III with that tutorial
you can send me the files? im trying 3 days and i cant run the game
thanks!

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@axelmar2002

You can erase the files so dont worry, if something goes wrong just put them inside again but i think its safe

@watertrainer

pokemon black and white are 256mb games, so it can take a couple of minutes to fully charge, especially if you don't have a fast PC

m4ngama5ter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gottahabrice17 said:
When i try to load the game after booting woodr4dldi.nds, the top screen of my ds goes black and the bottom screen is stuck on the message "loading". any ideas?

I'm getting the exact same problem. I even did what bnjzjbmu said and I still can't get it to work. I thought it might be because I messed patching the rom, but every single one of my other roms go to the same loading screen after I boot woodr4dldi.nds. Anybody have any solutions?

saruto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay everything was a complete success. But now I need to know how to add cheats to it. Please help.

Also everyone who is complaining about the game still now coming up.....just hold the r button till the game starts. Worked for me.

Tonydabby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I didn't get it. I could not install the kernel 1.34 in my R4 SDHC. I used R4 III to test it but the game was freeze and I just got 2 white Screen
The R4 SDHC version that I'm using is R4 Ultra Version 1.51, I don't know what it is because when in bought, It's in my R4 already.
Snapshot_20100922.jpg

watertrainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh thanks heaps, I didn't know that...so I left it for a few mins, and the emulator has loaded, but the game still hasn't, just white screen...
Does that take time to load?

spider476

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pokemonfrontier.zobyhost.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for this, is really working on N5... With the newest Universal Patch that fix C-Gear and Union Room, I can use the C-Gear, however i get a blackscreen when I try to use the Union Room... Someone have already use the union room here with this firmware?

exposicion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I registered specifically to say that it worked on my 4gb micro sd. thanks so much for this. another site(not saying for site reasons) i use doesn't have this, so i had to go looking for it myself. thanks again, and hopefully this will work on the american version when it comes out

Center210

Trophies
Website
itestit.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mh, need help. I do all the things to 15. , the when i started the rom the second time, it freezes when the prof. is talking to me. What i do wrong? (sry for my bad english, comes from germany
tongue.gif
)

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@Spider123

Try another Save type, 64mb works for some people

@saruto1

Sorry but woodr4dldi doesn't support cheats

@Tonydabby

There're many R4SDHC clones too (like the original R4) maybe it's not going to work with that flashcard (your firmware probes that)

@watertrainer

it can take some time i have Pentium 4 at 3Ghz, 640mb ram and 128 mb integrated video card, sometimes it takes 2 or 3 minutes to load the game

@spider476

What patch do you use for the C-Gear? i found one but doesn't work

@exposicion

Yeah, i hope nintendo don't increase the AP for the American release (it's really possible)

@Center210

Some people made it works on that flashcard but looks like a save problem with you, please read all the pages, this was explained before a lot of times

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock