1. pietermaai

pietermaai Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i did what you say i play the game on step 14 or something play end save but when i play the prof came on the screan and i got a freeze so what i need to do??

2. BigBass33

BigBass33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey,
    I tried using the guide found here for my r4i sdhc & r4 sdhc with no success on either.
    It has to be a problem with the flash carts themselves. Here's pics of em:

[​IMG]

Any & all help appreciated!

3. PsytroniX

PsytroniX Newbie
    Newcomer

Confirmed working for SDHC original. Thanks muchly, man. Much appreciated. I've been trying to get this working for ages.

4. BigBass33

BigBass33 Newbie
    Newcomer

Is your r4sdhc the same as mine above?

5. wicked-MF

wicked-MF Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I tried everything but i just don't get it how to get this game to work on my f N5 -.-
    HELP [​IMG] please

6. Aurionfox

Aurionfox GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    @BigBass33

You don't have an original R4SDHC, maybe that's the main problem, the original R4SDHC (NOT i !!!!!!! sorry it has been repeated so many times) is black and it comes from www.R4SDHC.com, you can try different firmwares of your flashcard, ysmenu to load it or try the new version of Waio with base 1.14, also i notice you have a 4gb SDHC, try a different one and not SDHC

7. kdb424

kdb424 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I have followed this tutorial step by step (though I did some more rom patching in english (no don't ask me for links, I won't tell you, google is there for a reason). I would like to say that I have the same card shown in your first post. I have been able to get the game no load WITHOUT WAIO. And I have replaced my moonshell with the wood4dldi so I could boot it from the main menu, bypassing moonshell all together (works for my all of my games pokemon white included).

I have tested that on the card shown, to load pokemon white (black not tested at all) after following all steps, you just need wood4dldi. Someone that has the game working please tell me if that works for you also. Booting 3 menus to play a game is a pain.

Also, if anyone wants to know how to replace moonshell, just find _DS_MSHL.NDS on your card, and replace it with woodr4dldi.nds (just rename wood to that) and choose the center option on the very first menu. Please make a backup as I take no responsibility for you havdng to re-install moonshell if you mess up lol.

8. sodium.777

sodium.777 Newbie
    Newcomer

a sdhc card is what it is...
    i bought mine from r4i-sdhc but it is a r4 sdhc
    does anything really matter except the preinstalled firmware and the fact its an sdhc card?
    can i just install v1.34 firmware from r4sdhc.com?
    it should work i guess

oh btw its 8GB so i dunno.

9. kdb424

kdb424 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    The pre-installed firmware is not being updated as fast as it should (possible not at all) and games like pokemon aren't even able to be played without massive patching (or in the case of b/w impossible without patching and a loader). I use the official firmware for some things, but I have weed there instead of moonshell, because I didn't need the multimedia features. I can just reboot into either, and my saves and stuff work fine in both.

10. Saia_

Saia_ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Hi there!
    My Problem is, I cant find my .sav file in the desmume folder?!
    WHERE IS IT?!
    And i followed the instructions and cant play the Game?!
    Used the english Translation V3 from projectpokemon.org ...

What can I do?!

EDIT// Tryed it now, doesn't work ...
    To point 20, I've done everything right, then I take the new save file and place it on the root of my sd, then there is only a white screen ... Using the new V3 English translation, see above.

11. kdb424

kdb424 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I assume you mean you patched the rom with the english, not just trying to run the patch. Is it running in the emulator fine? As for the save file in the emulator, it's a .dsv, which you re-name to .sav

12. Saia_

Saia_ Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    Thanks for your help!
    Found a guide, to patch the rom and it works [​IMG]

13. Whelming

Whelming Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    This tutorial works FLAWLESSLY with my R4 and an 8 gig SD, so thank you a billion times over [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Mechadream

Mechadream Member
    Newcomer

When I open it with Desmume I can get to the 'press start screen' then all the options to select just loop me back to the 'press start' screen :S

15. Sevandres

Sevandres Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Problem: I've done everything the tutorial has told me to do (Well, most of them .. The save file that I want is on my rom, and appears to be on it). Whenever I load the save-file or whatever you guys call it for my Pokemon White game, it goes into a black screen and just stays there.

So, I go into the Woad files (both of them), boot it up from there with the save-file thing at 512K, and it goes into a black screen (with orange or tan text at the bottom saying "Loading") but not moving. How do I fix this?

Yes, I have the same exact R4 card that the tutorial suggest, same kenel, and everything (Although a different look in the UI)

Help? Please? Dx

--

What I've added to the 4 gig SD card: R4Uys, 1.34 Kernal patch, and what was in the file of the SD folder here in the download from this thread.

Aswell as my Pokemon White Rom and Save.

16. Aurionfox

Mexico
    @Sevandres

So you can run the rom and get it to the load game screen?, then you have a sav problem, also upgrade to the latest version of WAIO GUI 1.14 Loader 1.14.2 it has a better compatibility

17. Sevandres

Sevandres Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So what would one have to do to fix the sav problem? =/

18. diego1243

diego1243 Newbie
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Hi, i have a problem D:
    When i run the rom on desmume it works great, but when i try to run on my R4SDHC it doesn't work.
    Can someone give me a patched rom or a solution.

19. yinm

yinm Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hello,

I followed your tutorial and everything worked great, but when I try to save the game freezes. What did I do wrong? Is this AP or did I just do something wrong?

Using N5 with Wood.

edit : I got it! The problem was that I used the R4 save converter. Instead I should have just renamed the .dsv files to .sav.

Worked great on my N5, thank you for the tutorial!

20. Aurionfox

Mexico
    You cannot ask for roms here.... read the rules

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - functional, Tutorial, Pokemon