Pokemon White & Black Fully functional Tutorial.

UPDATE: INDEED, The US GAMES WORK, BUT YOU HAVE TO PATCH IT DIFFERENTLY, ONCE PATCHED JUST FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AS IF THEY WHERE THE JP VERSIONS.

OK, for the past two days people been struggling for making Pokemon White/Back functional on their R4 SDHC.
Today, with a special thanks to Aurionfox, and anyone else who contribited to this finding, i will be posting this tutorial with the means of helping those who haven't had any luck booting eather Pokemon White/Black on their R4 SDHC.

First of all *links to ROMS are not allowed* so don't ask.

Things you will need
1.- Pokemon Black/White rom. (Don't ask, Google is your friend).
2.- Rudolph patch for the freezes.
3.- Lunar Ips for Exp fix.
4.- Desmume emulator.
5.- PC and R4SDHC.
6.- Official kernel 1.34
7.- microSD (2g recommended) (Anything greater than 2g gave me problems, feel free to try)

First this works with a R4SDHC, but if you have another one feel free to try it. (R4SDHC Only tested)

Download bellow (it has everything you need)

1.- Get a clean pokemon white or black rom (Dont't ask)
1.jpg

2.- Extract the contents of Pokemon Fix R4SDHC and First use the *Patch Black Fix* or *Patch White Fix* this is for Freezes. (included on Download link)
2.jpg
3.jpg

Patch the version you want using the corresponding Patch.(In this case pokemon Black)
4.jpg

3.- Now use the IPS patcher for the Experience AP (Included on Download link)
5.jpg
6.jpg

Use the correct IPS patcher corresponding on your version (In this case Pokemon Black)
7.jpg

4.- Once patched start the games using Desmume emulator, Start the Patched rom you created and save before you get your PKMN, Once you save you can close the emulator.
8.jpg

5.- Copy everything that is on The *SD* folder to the root of your microSD.
9.jpg

6.- Copy your patched rom to your microSD.

7.- Start your DS
10.jpg

8.- Boot WAIO.NDS
11.jpg

9.- Press (B) and find then Boot woodr4dldi.nds
12.jpg
13.jpg

10.- Once that is finish, find your rom, press (Y) then (Y) again.
14.jpg
15.jpg

11.- Press ® and make sure Cheat In Game(AR) is off and Reset In Game Off, Then press (A) to save, then(A) again.
16.jpg

12.- Boot your rom, it should freeze with two white screens.
17.jpg

13.- Turn off your DS. Then ON again and boot WAIO.NDS then woodr4dldi.nds again.
10.jpg
11.jpg
13.jpg

14.- Find your rom again, press (Y) again, then (Y) again, but this time change your save type to 512kb. Then press (A) to save.
14.jpg
15.jpg
18.jpg

15.- Boot your rom, this time it will work. Play a little bit and then save. If you boot your rom again and try to load it will erase your save file. (a blue screen with letters will show). If that shows you did it right.
19.jpg
20.jpg

16.- Now Go on your PC and connect yor microSD and find your save and erase it.

17.- Now find your RAM folder in the emulator, it should have a *ROMNAME*.dsv
21.jpg
22.jpg

18.- Now copy *ROMNAME*.dsv to the same folder you have your room on your microSD and change the file extension from .dsv to .sav
23.jpg

If for some reason when you load the .sav file on your R4 SDHC and it gives you a black screen, try using R4 Save Converter.
24.jpg

Or try this save and see if it works for you. Created by Aurionfox.
QUOTE said:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/sGNdEN2

19.- Now Boot WAIO.NDS, Then woodr4dldi.nds and find your rom.
10.jpg
11.jpg

11.jpg
12.jpg

20.- Press (Y) twice and change the save type from 512kb back to *unknown/auto* then press (A) to save.
14.jpg
18.jpg
15.jpg

And if that doesn't work try putting 64M instead of auto/uknown. Some people claimed it worked for them.

If you did it right, it should boot and you will be able to save, gain EXP and no freezes. Enjoy
25.jpg
26.jpg

Sorry for my bad spelling, am from Mexico.

Kudos to:
Aurionfox
abel009
And anyone else who helped.

Copyright to everyone who make this possible
QUOTE said:
Working:
R4SDHC
N5
R4-III Upgrade

*NOTE*Note to anyone finding their character frozen when loading their save: When loading your game you'll be asked a question, select the bottom answer and then the first one. This turns off the C-Gear, if it's on you'll be unable to move.
Example:
Press No, then yes.
27.jpg
28.jpg

*NOTE*
This is what am using it a R4 SDHC. Here are some images so you guys can see it.
29.jpg
30.jpg

EDIT
I got Bored of the games all ready they are to short after beating the elite4

pietermaai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did what you say i play the game on step 14 or something play end save but when i play the prof came on the screan and i got a freeze so what i need to do??

BigBass33

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,
I tried using the guide found here for my r4i sdhc & r4 sdhc with no success on either.
It has to be a problem with the flash carts themselves. Here's pics of em:

DSC00021-2.jpg

Any & all help appreciated!

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@BigBass33

You don't have an original R4SDHC, maybe that's the main problem, the original R4SDHC (NOT i !!!!!!! sorry it has been repeated so many times) is black and it comes from www.R4SDHC.com, you can try different firmwares of your flashcard, ysmenu to load it or try the new version of Waio with base 1.14, also i notice you have a 4gb SDHC, try a different one and not SDHC

kdb424

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed this tutorial step by step (though I did some more rom patching in english (no don't ask me for links, I won't tell you, google is there for a reason). I would like to say that I have the same card shown in your first post. I have been able to get the game no load WITHOUT WAIO. And I have replaced my moonshell with the wood4dldi so I could boot it from the main menu, bypassing moonshell all together (works for my all of my games pokemon white included).

I have tested that on the card shown, to load pokemon white (black not tested at all) after following all steps, you just need wood4dldi. Someone that has the game working please tell me if that works for you also. Booting 3 menus to play a game is a pain.

Also, if anyone wants to know how to replace moonshell, just find _DS_MSHL.NDS on your card, and replace it with woodr4dldi.nds (just rename wood to that) and choose the center option on the very first menu. Please make a backup as I take no responsibility for you havdng to re-install moonshell if you mess up lol.

sodium.777

Trophies
XP
Country
a sdhc card is what it is...
i bought mine from r4i-sdhc but it is a r4 sdhc
does anything really matter except the preinstalled firmware and the fact its an sdhc card?
can i just install v1.34 firmware from r4sdhc.com?
it should work i guess

oh btw its 8GB so i dunno.

kdb424

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The pre-installed firmware is not being updated as fast as it should (possible not at all) and games like pokemon aren't even able to be played without massive patching (or in the case of b/w impossible without patching and a loader). I use the official firmware for some things, but I have weed there instead of moonshell, because I didn't need the multimedia features. I can just reboot into either, and my saves and stuff work fine in both.

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there!
My Problem is, I cant find my .sav file in the desmume folder?!
WHERE IS IT?!
And i followed the instructions and cant play the Game?!
Used the english Translation V3 from projectpokemon.org ...

What can I do?!

EDIT// Tryed it now, doesn't work ...
To point 20, I've done everything right, then I take the new save file and place it on the root of my sd, then there is only a white screen ... Using the new V3 English translation, see above.

kdb424

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean you patched the rom with the english, not just trying to run the patch. Is it running in the emulator fine? As for the save file in the emulator, it's a .dsv, which you re-name to .sav

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
kdb424 said:
I assume you mean you patched the rom with the english, not just trying to run the patch. Is it running in the emulator fine? As for the save file in the emulator, it's a .dsv, which you re-name to .sav

Thanks for your help!
Found a guide, to patch the rom and it works
smile.gif

Mechadream

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When I open it with Desmume I can get to the 'press start screen' then all the options to select just loop me back to the 'press start' screen :S

Sevandres

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Problem: I've done everything the tutorial has told me to do (Well, most of them .. The save file that I want is on my rom, and appears to be on it). Whenever I load the save-file or whatever you guys call it for my Pokemon White game, it goes into a black screen and just stays there.

So, I go into the Woad files (both of them), boot it up from there with the save-file thing at 512K, and it goes into a black screen (with orange or tan text at the bottom saying "Loading") but not moving. How do I fix this?

Yes, I have the same exact R4 card that the tutorial suggest, same kenel, and everything (Although a different look in the UI)

Help? Please? Dx

--

What I've added to the 4 gig SD card: R4Uys, 1.34 Kernal patch, and what was in the file of the SD folder here in the download from this thread.

Aswell as my Pokemon White Rom and Save.

Aurionfox

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Mexico
@Sevandres

So you can run the rom and get it to the load game screen?, then you have a sav problem, also upgrade to the latest version of WAIO GUI 1.14 Loader 1.14.2 it has a better compatibility

diego1243

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, i have a problem D:
When i run the rom on desmume it works great, but when i try to run on my R4SDHC it doesn't work.
Can someone give me a patched rom or a solution.

yinm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello,

I followed your tutorial and everything worked great, but when I try to save the game freezes. What did I do wrong? Is this AP or did I just do something wrong?

Using N5 with Wood.

edit : I got it! The problem was that I used the R4 save converter. Instead I should have just renamed the .dsv files to .sav.

Worked great on my N5, thank you for the tutorial!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work