Pokemon Trading: Yellow-Red

Discussion in 'Other Handhelds' started by Blizzard1603, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Blizzard1603
    OP

Blizzard1603 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    So, I have two GBA's, and a GB(C) Link-Cable. When I want to trade, one of the two Ladys says: "Sorry, this area is reserved..." and the other: "Its fine, you need to save"
    (I have the german versions, I tried to translate but you will know what I mean)
    I bought the cable in a German online shop, its new. Any tips are appreciated!!

2. link491

link491 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 17, 2010
    Canada
    Canada
    You need to have a specific cable to link GB/C games on a GBA. There's cables that are made by third parties that do this but many of the ones that are out there do not. You will most likely need to track one down that is designed with backwards compatibility in mind.

3. LeifEricson

LeifEricson Coming Soon™

Jun 22, 2012
    United States
    New York, USA
    If the cable has the little notch on the top, then it's actually a GBA link cable. You also can't use an OG link cable but since you didn't say it doesn't fit I'm assuming you know that. See this picture, is that the one you have?

4. Blizzard1603
    OP

Blizzard1603 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Oh, I have one with the notch on top. I did not new that it wouldnt work, I bought it online, on a German "console" website.
    The package said: "GBC-Cable", but I asume hat you're right:). Thanks for the Awnser, I will look after an original Cable