Pokemon Sun language emulation doesn't work

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AyanamiRei0, Jul 3, 2017.

1. AyanamiRei0
    OP

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    I know this worked before when I used A9LH but now that I'm using B9S and Luma 8.1 the language doesn't change other games work fine though like Taiko with all the DLC loads just fine

If anyone knows why this isn't working that would be great.

Thanks.

2. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    because pokemon reads what language to use from the save file, you select it first time you run the game...

3. angelus kun

angelus kun GBAtemp Fan

Aug 7, 2015
    Mexico
    in my dreams
    You can change The regiĆ³n but if you want to change The language you need to use pkhex

4. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    When you use language emu for Pokemon, it doesn't change the language of the save on the fly but it DOES infact change the region. Example, if you originally started your game in English, it's still going to be in English but it will be recognized as (JPN) or whatever when you try to use Mystery Gift. You can either use PKHeX to change the language, or you can use PKSM.

Otherwise, it doesn't matter if you're trying to use mystery gift. If you start a new game it will automatically load in the emulated language.