ROM Hack Pokemon Sun and Moon Retail Card Error?

Hua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just tried retail cartridge on Luma and it doesn't work. I keep getting sd card was removed.
My friend had this issue as well. He decided to uncheck 'Enable region/language emu. and ext. .code' in the Luma3DS v6.6 configuration and after that he was able to boot Pokemon Sun (retail).
I didn't buy the Pokemon game yet, so I can't test it myself.

Hopefully this helps other people.

ScramSchnits

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get it working, stable.

I'm using Gateway 3DS (I know, I should be using CFW by now), but I spent a large amount of my day reverting to firmware 9.2 after accidentally updating my 3DS to 11.2, so I lacked the energy to complete a CFW load from scratch.

Here's what I did, as a workaround.

1. Followed all the steps required to get the Gateway 3DS setup with the latest 3.7.2 BETA firmware following the guide from here, and all the way up to step 11.
2. Downloaded Luma3DSv6.6 from here, and extracted all the contents to the root of the 3DS SD card, not to the mini-SD on the flashcart.
3. Copied the Luma3DS folder from hax/3ds, and placed it in the 3ds folder, used to launch .3dsx files in Homebrew Launcher
4. Booted to Gateway 3DS from Homebrew Launcher, then booted into Gateway Mode. Entered the 3DS settings, and proceeded to update to 11.2. (double-checked to make sure GW appeared before the firmware version)
5. Powered down the 3DS, and booted into Homebrew Launcher. Then, entered Luma3DS from the menu. I changed the "show RedNAND version in system settings" option, in the initial configuration menu (I don't think this has a bearing on this working, but I'm putting it in here in the event it does), then pressed start.
6. Once I was back at the Home Screen, I popped in Pokemon: Moon, and it booted up without an issue.

I did this to both my wife's, and my 3DS systems, and we have been playing Pokemon Sun and Moon for the past three hours - no glitches. Proceeding with the full Luma3D exploit would probably work, too, but I thought this was a pretty badass shortcut.

Hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Y23PPkftXIY