Hacking Pokemon Sun and Moon Legit CIAs confirmed?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
considering oras got leaked by 4 chan more then a week before oras release date and oras did not even release in china im thinking it could get leaked 3 to 2 weeks early

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Legit cias do not need arm 9 access to be installed, they only need arm 11. On EVERY firmware from 9.3-10.7 there is an arm 11 exploit which allows for installing legit cias. This is in no way related to cfw.
(just news for the kids who miss this) There is currently a private 11.x arm 11 entrypoint which is being held hostage until an arm 9 entrypoint is found (for the sole purpose of making 11.x usable to the public). In the near future, there will hopefully be public arm 11 and arm 9 entrypoint for 11.x so that every current user will take advantage of this. (although 1/3 people on here will be afraid of a small softbrick chance)
So my statement is still true for the generic public

Have you done sets at school? Here is a diagram which hopefully shows you what I mean. CFW consoles are a subset of consoles that can install legit CIAs.

View attachment 64300
Read my post again

Last edited by JimmyZ,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Read my post again
requirements of installing legit CIA is equal to the requirements of installing CFW.
Wrong
CFW requires you to downgrade
CFW requires you to actually install CFW
Legit cias do not

And anyway this can be borne out by experience seeing the number of people who like to install legit cias rather than downgrade. If it was the same and installing CFW really was nothing then you would see zero people wanting legit cias.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong
Legit cias do not

And anyway this can be borne out by experience seeing the number of people who like to install legit cias rather than downgrade. If it was the same and installing CFW really was nothing then you would see zero people wanting legit cias.
Just to add to that:
Yes, the requirements for both the CFW install process (downgrade then emuNAND/A9LH) and Legit CIA installation are similar (not quite equal, as you can still downgrade 11.x but can't install legit CIA on 11.x).
But the process for each is VERY different.
Almost anyone can run something like NASA and install a legit CIA, but it's a bit more complicated and dangerous to downgrade to 9.2 for CFW. If you are a fairly careless person you can brick your system by using n3ds update files on o3ds and using the old sysUpdater that didn't prevent these kinds of things.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just to add to that:
Yes, the requirements for both the CFW install process (downgrade then emuNAND/A9LH) and Legit CIA installation are similar (not quite equal, as you can still downgrade 11.x but can't install legit CIA on 11.x).
But the process for each is VERY different.
Almost anyone can run something like NASA and install a legit CIA, but it's a bit more complicated and dangerous to downgrade to 9.2 for CFW. If you are a fairly careless person you can brick your system by using n3ds update files on o3ds and using the old sysUpdater that didn't prevent these kinds of things.
You are arguing definitions now. My whole point is that CFW is an extra thing that some people don't want to do. So legit cias are useful for those people. You were trying to say that noone would want legit cias because anyone on a 10.7 system would already have gotten CFW. This just isn't true.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are arguing definitions now. My whole point is that CFW is an extra thing that some people don't want to do. So legit cias are useful for those people. You were trying to say that noone would want legit cias because anyone on a 10.7 system would already have gotten CFW. This just isn't true.
That's not at all what I was arguing. I was trying to back up your previous statement that not everyone wants CFW because they may feel it too complicated to deal with, even though the requirements for both installing CFW and installing a legit CIA are similar their install processes are not.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
That's not at all what I was arguing. I was trying to back up your previous statement that not everyone wants CFW because they may feel it too complicated to deal with, even though the requirements for both installing CFW and installing a legit CIA are similar their install processes are not.
Sorry I thought you were Jimmy!

I didn't even fully read your post i just assumed

Sorry!!

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lol that's fine. I kinda assumed that's what happened when you used the word "now" in your first sentence.
I think I am going to take a break from gbatemp for a few days, I've obviously lost normal powers of attention and concentration. If I make similar stupid mistakes in my work in going to be in trouble haha.

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
man a whole 7 pages a nonsense, I guess to reiterate what other people have probably said for 7 pages, yeah there's legit cia sun and moon's to be preinstalled on the special 2DS systems, which is not going to make much difference to you if you're planning on YARR!-ing it anyway?

whole thread tl;dr:
pokemon sun and moon will be preinstalled on the special 2DS systems, thus making "legit" cias.

/thread (or one would have thought so?)

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
man a whole 7 pages a nonsense, I guess to reiterate what other people have probably said for 7 pages, yeah there's legit cia sun and moon's to be preinstalled on the special 2DS systems, which is not going to make much difference to you if you're planning on YARR!-ing it anyway?

whole thread tl;dr:
pokemon sun and moon will be preinstalled on the special 2DS systems, thus making "legit" cias.

/thread (or one would have thought so?)
Not necessarily. Nintendo might do what they did with the Mario kart 2ds bundle and just include an eshop code.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not necessarily. Nintendo might do what they did with the Mario kart 2ds bundle and just include an eshop code.

the advertisement over here says "pre-installed" whereas the mario kart 2ds said "includes". I'm gonna go ahead and say they're gonna be meticulous with their wording to avoid any backlash (however large or small the possible backlash over people having to download it, they might not have internet? idk).

But I do actually see now why some people were uncertain, but I think with them advertising pre-installed it's a pretty solid answer. I can't think of a case in the past where nintendo have said pre-installed then it wasn't actually preinstalled, but I also haven't seen every console bundle either.

JimmyZ

Sarcastic Troll
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Wrong
Legit cias do not

I said "If we count less skeptical enough to try as a requirement, you're right."

You simply can't read

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
no point of legit sun and moon cias because he game will require 11.1 to run anyways and the lowest firmware you can install legit cias on is 10.7 so pointless unless useing 11.1 with downgraded native firm

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no point of legit sun and moon cias because he game will require 11.1 to run anyways and the lowest firmware you can install legit cias on is 10.7 so pointless unless useing 11.1 with downgraded native firm
And how do you know for certain that the game will require 11.1? Unless you are doing what you seem to do best in these forums and make baseless assumptions before any real details about it come out. But I would love to be proven wrong with some valid source stating it is going to require 11.1.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
And how do you know for certain that the game will require 11.1? Unless you are doing what you seem to do best in these forums and make baseless assumptions before any real details about it come out. But I would love to be proven wrong with some valid source stating it is going to require 11.1.

because some recent 3ds games require 11.0 at least like yokai watch 2 and sun andm oons coming out in nov which means it will probs require at least 11.0

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holiday season is full of surprise from our homebrew developers. Last year who got arm11 exploit for >9.2 around this time, then ReiNAND EMUNAND 9.5+ for N3DS. A9LH development in quick succession... One can only hope 11.x arm9 exploit for this year B-) (wishful thinking)

Last edited by tivu100,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holiday season is full of surprise from our homebrew developers. Last year who got arm11 exploit for >9.2 around this time, then ReiNAND EMUNAND 9.5+ for N3DS. A9LH development in quick succession... One can only hope arm9 exploit for 11.x B-)
I would love to see developments for both 3ds and Wii u this holiday season

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And real f ing high! But not the height. We got legal recreation now, so yea...
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    you go bro
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i know, i know, i'm late
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.