Pokemon Save files

Pat00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Similar questions have been asked I know checkpoint has been the main answer. But I'm looking for a more kid friendly solution so my kids can have their own pokemon save files on a single 3ds. I know with twilight I can change save slots (yesterday years old when I found that one), but I'm trying to find a solution for the gen 6 and 7 games as well. Right now I'm thinking multiple sd cards, 1 per kid. Does anyone have a better idea?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know with twilight I can change save slots (yesterday years old when I found that one),
Yes for DS & DSi games.
but I'm trying to find a solution for the gen 6 and 7 games as well. Right now I'm thinking multiple sd cards, 1 per kid. Does anyone have a better idea?
Not possible. The game can only be installed once on a 1 sd card (and use 1 save). you can't have 2 sd cards with separate Nintendo 3DS folders (the one that contains the save data, as well as the game data for eShop titles) on the same system.
Now Pokémon games don't allow multiple playthroughs on the same save file. Only 1 per save file. This goes for both the DS & 3DS games.

Here's my suggestion: depending on how many kids you have, since Pokémon games usually have 2 versions like X&Y, Sun&Moon etc. You can have one play X and one play Y, so each can play their games without any issues. But again, that the depends on how many they are.
Post automatically merged:

You can also try installing both the NA & EU variant for each version. Not sure if it'll work with the 3DS Pokémon games, as if i recall USUM games had the same title id for both regions, so that wouldn't work with them.

Pat00

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the lesson, I guess I didn't think that far ahead. It seems checkpoint is indeed the only option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: