Similar questions have been asked I know checkpoint has been the main answer. But I'm looking for a more kid friendly solution so my kids can have their own pokemon save files on a single 3ds. I know with twilight I can change save slots (yesterday years old when I found that one), but I'm trying to find a solution for the gen 6 and 7 games as well. Right now I'm thinking multiple sd cards, 1 per kid. Does anyone have a better idea?
but I'm trying to find a solution for the gen 6 and 7 games as well. Right now I'm thinking multiple sd cards, 1 per kid. Does anyone have a better idea?
Not possible. The game can only be installed once on a 1 sd card (and use 1 save). you can't have 2 sd cards with separate Nintendo 3DS folders (the one that contains the save data, as well as the game data for eShop titles) on the same system.
Now Pokémon games don't allow multiple playthroughs on the same save file. Only 1 per save file. This goes for both the DS & 3DS games.
Here's my suggestion: depending on how many kids you have, since Pokémon games usually have 2 versions like X&Y, Sun&Moon etc. You can have one play X and one play Y, so each can play their games without any issues. But again, that the depends on how many they are.
Post automatically merged:
You can also try installing both the NA & EU variant for each version. Not sure if it'll work with the 3DS Pokémon games, as if i recall USUM games had the same title id for both regions, so that wouldn't work with them.
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's that time again folks, an update for the Switch and Switch 2, and a surprisingly big one at that! At lease for folks on the Switch 2. The most notable feature...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The PlayStation 5 scene has received a massive breakthrough with the public release of Relapse, a new exploit chain developed by Nathan Fargo in collaboration with...
Over the weekend a number of Switch and Switch 2 related subreddits came alive with people reporting bans on their Switch 2 consoles out of nowhere. The error code...
After more than a year, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has gotten a fresh update with a focus on the Switch 2, and it's surprisingly meaty. For those Switch 2 players, they'll...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
After being announced last week, the first of two broadcasts is set to go live later today with a stark focus on The Legend of Zelda and its 40th anniversary...
It's been something of a quiet week in the gaming space, with the deluge of big hitters trying to find their place before GTA 6 launches really kicking off next week...
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the departure of our beloved Chary from the position of Chief Editor. Chary took over early 2021 and has done a wonderful job...
The in-progress Switch port of the 2013 Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto V has been forced to end progress after Take-Two Interactive has threatened legal action...
After an accidental leaking of their review video from Linus Tech Tips last week, we somewhat knew that news on Steam's latest VR venture was imminent. Today the...
The second of a two-part special, a more traditional Nintendo Direct is set to air today. Unlike the Zelda Direct the contents of this one is still relatively up in...
Announced a few days ago, Nintendo of America have today launched their Customer Appreciation Sale. Featuring 30% discounts across a wide range of popular first-party...
From my post earlier this week you probably already know which game I'm talking about. Fire Emblem released yesterday to some pretty rave reviews. Looking at...
A few days ago Chary stepped down as Chief Editor after 5 wonderful years, and everyone guessed the seat wouldn't stay empty for very long. Back in 2021 I proudly...
A court has ordered Reddit r/SwitchPirates moderator James Williams (of ArchBox fame) must pay Nintendo $4.5 million in a default judgment for copyright infringement...